Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Seats wise, suggest being on 'Edge's side' as the B Stage is off center and closer to that side of the venue. Somewhere level with the B stage will the give you a good view of the band and the screen.
  2. Originally posted by dylbagz:thanks. hopefully this means that nothing from the experience album will get a spin if they're playing highlights from their back catalogue

considering an experience song made it's way in towards the last leg of TJT17 before it was released, i'd make bets the post-TJT set will have at least one experience song on it...
  3. While I'm excited for fans in Asia and down under to be able to see this show, let's recap the last four tours:

2015: i&E tour
    2017: JT tour revisited
    2018: i&E tour revisited
    2019: revisiting the revisited JT tour

If they don't bother to change that disjointed and unsatisfying 2017 JT tour encore, we'll really know they are on cruise control.
  4. Yep the encore of JT 2017 did seem a bit under planned. Room for some improvement- Desire, Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay, Love is Blindness. Bad/40
  5. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:While I'm excited for fans in Asia and down under to be able to see this show, let's recap the last four tours:

If they don't bother to change that disjointed and unsatisfying 2017 JT tour encore, we'll really know they are on cruise control.
    I agree that the JT encore was pretty unsatisfying (from behind my computer screen anyway). Hopefully that's where they take the time to make wholesale changes. Along with the revisit of the JT album, they really have an opportunity to introduce the newer material to fans in Oceania/Asia. Hopefully that's what happens.

Somebody else has mentioned that it's not really 4 people that have a large say on the setlists, but 5. Willie has a big say in the matter. I'd say that he's not one to sit on his laurels, but likes to innovate & change. So hopefully, other than the JT set, we get substantial changes to the setlist.

I was lucky to see the e+i tour late in the European leg (in London & Belfast). By then it certainly didn't feel like a revisit of i+e tour. Sure the stage was the same setup, but that was always planned & a good idea to make the best use of such an innovating setup. The setlist was totally different & the little bits of new technological wizardry thrown in by Willie (like the splitting screen, & the video e-stage floor), made everything feel fresh. Hopefully Willie has some new technological wizardry for us this time around, though that may be a bit unlikely for a 13 show leg.
  6. Originally posted by Timk68:Yep the encore of JT 2017 did seem a bit under planned. Room for some improvement- Desire, Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay, Love is Blindness. Bad/40
    Love is Blindness, now that would be a welcome change. I LOVE that song!
  7. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:While I'm excited for fans in Asia and down under to be able to see this show, let's recap the last four tours:

2018 wasn't I&E tour revisited they played a lot of SOE and in Europe they completely changed the set list adding The fly,Wild Horses,Zoo station, Stay etc the amount of different songs they've played since 2015 must be over 50 no band would do that most are playing a greatest hits tour every time with very little variation between tours ,the JT encore was fantastic it worked very well certainly at the gigs I went to.
  8. Maybe a Rattle and Hum encore - Silver and Gold, Heartland, or Hawkmoon
    Or maybe something from Pop - Please, Gone, Last Night on Earth

Wishful thinking
  9. Originally posted by audidriver:Maybe a Rattle and Hum encore - Silver and Gold, Heartland, or Hawkmoon
    Or maybe something from Pop - Please, Gone, Last Night on Earth

Wishful thinking
    I'll dream with you, that would be bliss!
  10. Singapore date just announced by U2.com 30 Nov
  11. That date would seem to officially eliminate any chance of a second Perth show.
  12. Not really.... the Perth dates were meant to be 26 and 27, but they only announced 27 after they must have decided to only fo one show. I think if the 27th had of sold VERY well they would have announced the 26th,, doesnt look like it though with GA still available.....