Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. I used to sing along to every song until a few years ago. Now I only sing along if an artist encourages the crowd to do so.
    I sing in tune, but I guess people around me paid to hear the singer on stage.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:I’am a little harsh on Patti. If she was to be the support act and didn’t join the band on stage I’d be fine with that really, or even if she joined the band to do an additional non u2song then it would be fine. The Patti performances with u2 just really bother me but then I’m not a fan of anyone joining the band on stage to play one of there songs, I like Eddie Vedder but him joining the band for Mother’s makes that one of my least favourite versions of the song too and he actually sang it well. I want to hear Bono sing the songs, that’s what I’m at the gig for, that’s why I don’t like sing along bits either. (Yes that’s you ISHFWILF and One). I was genuinely delighted to hear Bono singing them both in full at Twickenham in 2017, don’t think I’ll be as lucky in Singapore this time.

Eddie Vedder sang better than Bono could ever do real passion and emotion in his voice and it was the best version of Mothers from the tour,Patti Smith is a legend and her doing People have the power and Bad on the I&E tour DVD was excellent maybe you don't appreciate proper talent but fortunately for you kylie might do a cameo in OZ.
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

Eddie Vedder sang better than Bono could ever do real passion and emotion in his voice and it was the best version of Mothers from the tour,Patti Smith is a legend and her doing People have the power and Bad on the I&E tour DVD was excellent maybe you don't appreciate proper talent but fortunately for you kylie might do a cameo in OZ.
    Eddie Vedder will never be able to sing any u2 song as well as Bono regardless of how much passion and emotion he puts into it because of the simple fact he isn’t Bono. Bono will never be able to sing a Pearl Jam song like Eddie Vedder either because he isn’t Eddie Vedder, it’s that simple for me. Patti might be a legend but her contributions in u2 shows have only weakened performances imo. If Patti’s performances with u2 are considered proper talent though then no I don’t appreciate proper talent. As long as Kylie’s cameo is in Oz and not in Singapore that is very fortunate for me.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Eddie Vedder will never be able to sing any u2 song as well as Bono regardless of how much passion and emotion he puts into it because of the simple fact he isn’t Bono. Bono will never be able to sing a Pearl Jam song like Eddie Vedder either because he isn’t Eddie Vedder, it’s that simple for me. Patti might be a legend but her contributions in u2 shows have only weakened performances imo. If Patti’s performances with u2 are considered proper talent though then no I don’t appreciate proper talent. As long as Kylie’s cameo is in Oz and not in Singapore that is very fortunate for me.
    Then at least we agree you don't appreciate proper talent.
  5. Oh absolutely, it’s only shit artists like u2 and pearl Jam I’m into none of that proper stuff.
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

Lmao you're on the wrong website.

And for the record, and no PJ fans seem to want to admit this - Eddie's voice has been shot for a very long time now, to the point where he sounds like a quivering old man just trying to make his way through a set. And even at his peak, how could anyone possibly argue that Eddie had more passion and emotion in his voice than Bono? Besides the fact that it's a stupid thing to say anyway, Peak Eddie vs Peak Bono - there's no contest whatsoever.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

What's wrong with Kylie?
  8. At this point in time I think Eddie Vedder is a much better singer than Bono don't take offence it's just an opinion.