Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t think there’s too much to worry about. The band still seem to be capable of selling 40k+ tickets just about anywhere in the world ( a lot more in some places). Not selling out a 2nd show maybe does suggest a decline in popularity but there’s very few bands that could pull off a stadium world tour which is what u2 are about to complete this year. They’ll know in the future if they fail to shift a significant amount of the tickets for the 2nd shows just to stick to 1 night going forward.

**RANT WARNING

Hopefully a return to a more 'experimental warts and all' shift sonically would kickstart it !! That is if The Edge - and to a lesser degree with Larry and his vanila musically sounding ethos - can drop the 'obsessive compulsiveness' they have acquired in recent years with this need to produce a soundscape that is all too perfect/clean/filtered and HIT friendly! Hell, someone get them to all swap instruments again and jam ( like their Zooropa Passengers period ) guaranteed their chase for 'relevance' and 'popularity' will spike in the positive vibe far quicker if they do!

TIME to start making music for their core fans & i suspect more importantly for THEMSELVES as musicians!

For godsakes can we stop the chase for a radio friendly 'pop' tune (although i did love 'You're the best thing about me' ) lol!!

** END RANT !
  2. It would be interesting if U2 played St.Louis in 2019 to make amends for the cancelled show of 2017.
  3. If U2 had charged Vertigo tour prices for this tour, all shows would be sold out now. Why they haven’t lowered the prices for that Auckland 2 show yet is beyond me.
  4. They should’ve and probably could’ve rescheduled that for sometime in 2017. There was a large gap of about 12 days between San Diego and Mexico City that they could’ve rescheduled for. Or just do it after the Brazil show. It was an indoor stadium, so it could’ve been rescheduled at any point during Late October/Early November.

Sure, they came back to St. Louis in 2018... and didn’t play one single song from the Joshua Tree. Yet they did play 12 songs from SOI and SOE... which is also a dumb move.
  5. St. Louis needs to make amends for St. Louis-style pizza. Cracker pizza with provel cheese, UGH!

They should count their lucky stars U2 came back for 2018. Granted it was second show of the tour and kind of a dud show, but still something.
  6. Originally posted by hoserama:St. Louis needs to make amends for St. Louis-style pizza. Cracker pizza with provel cheese, UGH!

They should count their lucky stars U2 came back for 2018. Granted it was second show of the tour and kind of a dud show, but still something.
    A public apology is in order.
  7. I'm curious about something, guys.

U2 will be doing two shows in indoor venues with relatively limited floor space. One will be in South Korea, and the other will be in the Philippines.

Based on the seating maps, the GA section for both shows appear somewhat compact.

Where will the band's crew set up the speaker towers and soundboard?
  8. So at the moment you can buy GA for EVERY Australian show. How about a bit of promotion, guys!
  9. Yes thats the other thing . some promo , even radio interviews with bloody Adam or something !!!!
  10. As mentioned in a previous post, the reason the Auckland show probably hasn't sold out is because of the fact that Auckland only has so many U2 fans, and for the U2 fan from the rest of the country to make it to Auckland entails a lot of costs.
    For instance, return airfares from Christchurch for two is probably about $800-$900 (unless you get the first/last flights), add in hotel/AB&B for two/three nights ($600 - $800), taxis, food and concert tix then you're looking at about $2.5K for the pleasure of seeing the band.
    Also, the stadium is hideous to get to, terrible for concerts and public transport is next to nothing.
    When U2 last played here ten years ago, the second show struggled to sell, eventually getting OK numbers at the last minute. I figure they'll be thinking the same thing might happen.
    The downside is that it was ten years ago.
    Saying all that, I've bought tickets for both shows.
  11. Originally posted by HBK79:I'm curious about something, guys.

U2 will be doing two shows in indoor venues with relatively limited floor space. One will be in South Korea, and the other will be in the Philippines.

Based on the seating maps, the GA section for both shows appear somewhat compact.

Where will the band's crew set up the speaker towers and soundboard?
    Depending on the size of the arena they may not need to speaker towers. Again, depending on size the usual position of the sound desk etc would be at the back of the floor.
  12. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]

**RANT WARNING

Hopefully a return to a more 'experimental warts and all' shift sonically would kickstart it !! That is if The Edge - and to a lesser degree with Larry and his vanila musically sounding ethos - can drop the 'obsessive compulsiveness' they have acquired in recent years with this need to produce a soundscape that is all too perfect/clean/filtered and HIT friendly! Hell, someone get them to all swap instruments again and jam ( like their Zooropa Passengers period ) guaranteed their chase for 'relevance' and 'popularity' will spike in the positive vibe far quicker if they do!

TIME to start making music for their core fans & i suspect more importantly for THEMSELVES as musicians!

For godsakes can we stop the chase for a radio friendly 'pop' tune (although i did love 'You're the best thing about me' ) lol!!

** END RANT !
    +1 May not sell well, but who cares, they've got enough money