Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Hey guys. I'm glad the band is finally becoming a little more adventurous in their tour itineraries.

If only they were this daring during 360.

I'd never imagine the band visiting South Korea, Singapore, and the Philippines for the very first time. The India rumor is a tad left-field, though.

Where will the Pacific portion of the tour take the band next?

Here's a wish list:

Thailand
    Taiwan
    Indonesia
    Malaysia
    China
    Hong Kong
    Hawaii

Coldplay and Ed Sheeran did shows at the Rajamangala Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.

Maroon 5 surprisingly did a show at the National Stadium in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.

Guns N' Roses did a show at Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Ed Sheeran did a show at Bukit Jalil National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

China is becoming a big market for music consumption. Taylor Swift is currently huge there, and her people want to expand her Asian tours into Beijing (where the Bird's Nest Stadium is) and Shanghai (where Shanghai Stadium is).

As for Hong Kong, I'm sure that the protests will prevent artists from performing there. Things are bound to improve, though. And in the far future, I'm certain that touring artists will do shows in HK once the new Kai Tak stadium is built.

Lastly, I personally think it's ideal for U2 to end TJT Tour in Hawaii, just like they did with Vertigo.

Any thoughts, guys?
  2. I don’t think U2 can play China because they played the Tibetan Freedom Festival in 97.

Lots of U2’s peers have played Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand, so there’s those possibilities. Dubai as well, but that’s completely on the opposite side of Asia.

As far as Hawaii... it U2 ever play there again, that’s where I’m gonna be!!!

3. FYI, the rumors floating around were that the crew/roadies/etc were all contracted through December 15.

So if they announce one more show in India on Dec 14, that would pretty much be the end, giving everybody one day to pack everything up and ship it all home and say their goodbyes, etc.
  4. Originally posted by cleazer:[..]

FYI, the rumors floating around were that the crew/roadies/etc were all contracted through December 15.

So if they announce one more show in India on Dec 14, that would pretty much be the end, giving everybody one day to pack everything up and ship it all home and say their goodbyes, etc.
    Yeah the dates will not give them more than one extra show.
  5. Hope they don't drop Ultra Violet
  6. Same but I’m convinced they will. Just seems like the easiest to drop from the Setlist, even though it’s one of my favourites. Might not be as strong as on 360 but it doesn’t need to be to still be great.
  7. I think they are lazy enough to keep Ultraviolet. They have that whole women's piece to go with it.
  8. Ugh. Get rid of it.
  9. Miss Sarajevo has to go more than ultraviolet
  10. I also agree....

UV was so weak on JT17 compared to 360. I'm thinking they will drop it for another AB song. Maybe UTEOTW, The Fly of maybe WGRYWH at a stretch??