Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by ishi:Is the band usually on Stage B or Stage A during the show?
    I have GA tickets and want the closest view to the guys. Would it be better to camp at A (near the drum set) or B (near the edge of the tree)?
    Depends on which songs you want to see.

(stage B is b-stage, stage A is main stage)

First 4 songs = Stage B
    Whole JT set = Stage A (with Bono on stage B during Exit)
    Encore = Bono (and Edge) frequently on stage B, band on stage A

Quantity-wise, you are better with stage A. But.. stage A is further away, so if you want closer to the band for fewer songs/band members, you are better at stage B.

It's very subjective. If you love the whole JT album, go main stage. If you want to be close to band members, go b-stage.

2. I remembered it (because it was Wild Horses), so it was an easy find .. let's hope they give us some teasers again this time. The actual rehearsals in Auckland will probably just start at the beginning of November or maybe the last days of October.
  3. They will have very little time actually rehearsing on stage in Auckland. Metallica are playing there on 2nd November.
  4. Yeah U2 will start loading in on the 4th.
  5. Originally posted by ishi:Is the band usually on Stage B or Stage A during the show?
    I have GA tickets and want the closest view to the guys. Would it be better to camp at A (near the drum set) or B (near the edge of the tree)?

If you're at the b-stage you also have a fantastic view of the whole show.
  6. I think B stage is personally the way to go if you can get a solid spot at the front or side.
  7. Thanks guys
    It's going to be me and my dad's first time seeing them and we're super excited.
    I guess camping Stage A seems like a better choice
    but we'll see nearer to the show (singapore or India)
  8. Originally posted by ishi:Thanks guys
    It's going to be me and my dad's first time seeing them and we're super excited.
    I guess camping Stage A seems like a better choice
    but we'll see nearer to the show (singapore or India)
    Everyone tells you to go stage B, then you "guess" stage A is a better choice ...
  9. hahahah
    A seems better for us because you'll see the band more, but who knows?
  10. The thing is that being at main stage you'll see the band during the whole of the Joshua Tree album but that stage is much higher and further from the audience than stage B which is lower and much closer. And while at stage A you won't see the band almost at all during the 6-9 songs they perform at the B stage, but being at stage B you get to see the band at all times (up close during 35% of the show, further but still not too far during 65% of the gig).
  11. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    For last years tour they started at 9 April, a month before the first show.

So expect no news until October.

Just saw a note that some crew members are booked from 6th of October, so that's likely the start date when things get real.
  12. It sounds like most of the shows on this leg will either be sold out, or full enough that nobody will notice or say much about it. Which is the goal, ultimately, for LiveNation. They don't care if it takes a show a few months to sell all the seats (or as many as possible), because that means they made maximum $$$.

The exception is Auckland #2. That is gonna be an ugly one. A Popmart-like half empty stadium! There have been a few examples of this happening post 2000, but for the most part they've been pretty good about filling venues. Here's some shows that didn't sell very well, and needed some curtains hung, or had big areas of unsold seats.

2009- Norman, OK- Upper levels curtained off. Still had over 50,000 people, but could've had 70-80K. However, only Garth Brooks could pull off those numbers in Oklahoma
    2010- Brisbane #2
    Istanbul- Loads of empty seats, still had over 50,000 people
    Moscow- Loads of empty seats, still had over 60,000 people.
    2015- Denver- Both nights had the upper level behind the stage curtained off.
    2017- Pittsburgh... lots of tarped off areas in the upper level. Still over 40,000.
    New Orleans only had 34,000 people, but they somehow managed to make it look pretty full.
    2018- St. Louis, San Jose 2, Las Vegas 2, Omaha, Chicago 2, Philly 2, Washington D.C. 2... all 7 of these shows had the upper levels behind the stage curtained off, lowering the capacity by a few thousand. This was mostly the result of over saturation and ridiculously high prices. I was at Chicago 2. It wasn't a big deal, but occasionally you couldn't help but glance up at that big black hole where people usually are.