Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Remember, most of those cities are smaller markets. U2 had the courage to play them in the first place.
  2. I think Manila is going to look quite empty. That’s got a capacity of around 55k, Guns N Roses and Katy Perry combined didn’t manage much more than that. I think u2 could achieve 30-35k for that show realistically. Although I don’t think they were ever really expecting to completely sell out that show anyway and even 30k should probably be considered a success. I definitely think there’s been enough interest overall to make the tour worthwhile even if there will be a few shows that are considerably short of a sell out. These are big venues they are playing and I still expect some pretty impressive numbers at the end of it both from an attendance and financial point of view. They could be looking at around 500k people over 14 shows.
  3. In business, courage doesn't pay the bills unfortunately
  4. Are they still finalizing this India show?
  5. I'd say it's pretty unlikely? They are taking their time. Manila was announced on 30th July.

But I have no insider knowledge.
  6. Still dont think Auckland 2 will be THAT bad...sure there will be sections closed off but then I guess they will relocate people. The sections that have been reduced in price have actually been snapped up pretty quickly so makes me wonder why they dont do a wholesale reduction.
  7. I'm guessing they'll just slowly plod away, reducing some seats, until we get closer to show time. That's what they've been doing for Sydney 2 for quite some time now, with some minor discounts & some bargains. Can currently pick up seats in Bay 9 for $62. These seats went for $367 at Sydney 1!
  8. Anyone else of you waiting for them to announce the rumored possible last show in Mumbai?
    I hope if this is going to happen that the announcement will happen soon..
    U2songs.com did not write anything new on this

I am pissed as I wanted to see the very last show of the tour, and I have booked my return flight to Germany already, leaving one day later after the first Seoul concert.

I have bought a ticket for Manila but I am not sure if I want to go to Manila. I really hope that they will close the tour in Mumbai. I would skip Manila and go to Mumbai.
    The annoying thing is that I can't change the return flight booking to another place and date. All I can do is cancel the return flight and book a new one.
    Their approach to announce further shows after announcing the tour is really annoying
  9. I'm thinking Auckland 3 should be announced shortly
  10. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    I'd say it's pretty unlikely? They are taking their time. Manila was announced on 30th July.

But I have no insider knowledge.

I kind of wonder if they're thinking that there needs to be less of a gap between the ticket sale and the concert date in India. Less disposable money, so they know they can't lock up people's money for half a year.

On the other hand, I'm probably way off base, because when they announced the Philippines show, they announced it and then the ticket sale date was a month later. So I suppose if that was the issue, they could just announce the Mumbai show today, and then put tickets on sale a month or two from now. Thus giving people the chance to plan and/or save up.

So what's the absolute latest they could announce a show for Dec 14 or 15? Is November 1st too late? What about October 1st? (Just thinking about it, concert t-shirts with the tour itinerary would probably already be printed by November 1, right?) (Not that t-shirts would be the prime factor in deciding whether or not to add an extra show at the end.)
  11. Looks like the crew is still booked until the 15th, so I guess it's still on the table.