Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. huh.. I thought the 2015 tour got delayed because of Bono's bike accident and so some of the tour got pushed into the first half of 2016?
  2. 360 didn't wind down until late 2011 with FTSD and Spiderman. So 2.5 years from that to the release of SOI.
  3. 360 didn't wind down until late 2011 with FTSD and Spiderman. So 2.5 years from that to the release of SOI.
  4. 360 didn't wind down until late 2011 with FTSD and Spiderman. So 2.5 years from that to the release of SOI.
  5. 360 didn't wind down until late 2011 with FTSD and Spiderman. So 2.5 years from that to the release of SOI.
  6. 360 didn't wind down until late 2011 with FTSD and Spiderman. So 2.5 years from that to the release of SOI.
  7. I think they realized they can't afford to release albums at such a slow pace as they are getting older and need to get things out more quickly because they won't be around forever,
    5 years between HTDAAB-NLOTH and NLOTH-SOI,

I recall Larry saying in 2015 that the days of 4-5 year gaps between U2 albums was over.
  8. It was over 3 years from the end of 360 to SOI being released. What relevance is that to the post about consecutive tours? Or is there no relevance lol.
  9. Well it’s more likely to be longer than shorter. We’ll be at 3 years by December next year and I can’t see them releasing anything then. More than likely it will end up being a 4 or 5 year gap again late 2021-2022.
  10. I also remember at least one or two of the band members saying something along the lines of “five and a half years between albums is inexcusable” - definitely got the impression they intended to try and get stuff out more often. Of course saying and doing are two entirely different things - SOE was MEANT to be out in early 2016, then autumn 2016... but still, I’ll take a four year gap between albums over five and a half any day.

I just can’t see them putting anything out at all this year, at MOST a new standalone single and likely not even that. Even next year is probably completely dead too... we’ll see if they can put their money where their mouth is, release-schedule-wise.
  11. apparently they are going to start working on the new album after the JT2019 tour wraps up, so it's looking likely for a 2021 release as the band usually take a year to record their albums (of course ignoring delays due to the multiple albums that were being worked on between HTDAAB and NLOTH rick rubin and eno/lanois sessions, and between NLOTH and SOI with the band working on 3 albums-Songs Of Ascent, Songs Of Innocence and Songs of Experience)