Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Do people generally assume the band is going to play Miss Syriajevo again? I think it's the song more bound to abandon the 2017 setlist.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Do people generally assume the band is going to play Miss Syriajevo again? I think it's the song more bound to abandon the 2017 setlist.

Im guessing that Miss Sarajevo and UV will get the chop and be replaced with newer material. Guess we'll find out soon. According to U2Songs private rehearsals are due to start on the 7th/8th.
  3. "Some components of the stage / screen for The Joshua Tree 2017 are reportedly in the region in storage now, and may be used for this tour, but this tour will not be branded the same, and modifications to the stage are being designed."

I wonder what those modifications looked like.
  4. Originally posted by SJKamal:"Some components of the stage / screen for The Joshua Tree 2017 are reportedly in the region in storage now, and may be used for this tour, but this tour will not be branded the same, and modifications to the stage are being designed."

I wonder what those modifications looked like.
    Wasn't this an old report at the start of the year? Because the tour is branded exactly the same.
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

Im guessing that Miss Sarajevo and UV will get the chop and be replaced with newer material. Guess we'll find out soon. According to U2Songs private rehearsals are due to start on the 7th/8th.
    Tour crew are on their way to rehearsals from today.
  6. Yeah its from an old report, but the plan was to not brand it the same, and that modifications to the stage were being designed. I wonder what those modifications looked like.
  7. I remember a fan friend of mine made quite the racist (yet funny) comment regarding the stage modifications and regarding Asian's average height
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:Do people generally assume the band is going to play Miss Syriajevo again? I think it's the song more bound to abandon the 2017 setlist.
    Well they already ditched it before the end of the tour in 2017 so i’d be very surprised to see it return. I also agree with SJ above about Ultraviolet being likely to be dropped as well and I think best thing won’t appear either. Going by the last show in 2017 I’d say they’ll play 3 different songs in the places of best thing, Ultraviolet and I will follow. The happy meal section, one, the opening 4 songs and obviously TJT are all there to stay I believe.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Well they already ditched it before the end of the tour in 2017 so i’d be very surprised to see it return. I also agree with SJ above about Ultraviolet being likely to be dropped as well and I think best thing won’t appear either. Going by the last show in 2017 I’d say they’ll play 3 different songs in the places of best thing, Ultraviolet and I will follow. The happy meal section, one, the opening 4 songs and obviously TJT are all there to stay I believe.
    I genuinely laughed out loud to the "Happy Meal section"
  10. I’d much prefer zoo station and the Fly in its place (the double whopper).
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:I remember a fan friend of mine made quite the racist (yet funny) comment regarding the stage modifications and regarding Asian's average height
    Bring it on (I'm short too)

Actually, this is exactly what happened for the Vertigo outdoor tour. Most places had the usual outdoor stadium stage, way up in the heavens well over 2m high. But Saitama, Japan had a redesigned main stage, much lower than elsewhere.

Yes, Saitama is an arena, but a very big one. This stage was more like an arena stage than a stadium stage. Don't know why it happened, but really wish I was there. Hope it happens this time around!

12. Yes the stage was modified in 2006. WIcreations were enlisted to help.

The 5th leg of the Vertigo Tour enclosed The Pacific for which we assisted Jake Berry to take care of the 3 shows held in The Saitama Dome in Japan.

We made this show happen without any staging gear needed out of Europe. All the technical preparations were created without cutting any items out of the show.
    I'm assuming that they used local steel in 2006? Is that even possible? For Honolulu, the steel was shipped, with the rest of the equipment flown in from Tokyo.

https://www.wicreations.com/en/project/detail/u2--vertigo-tour