Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by J_Swallo:[..]
    Well, Edge spent two days in Bologna, just for the sake of eating good food, and was spotted in three different restaurants. Even if it's "easy" to travel from the south of France to the test of Europe, that would be definitely an unusual behaviour for a professional of his level if he were actually rehearsing for the forthcoming tour. And the "secret location" sounds a lot like a 007 movie.

Two days? Was that on a weekend?

Larry was in Madrid this weekend just gone.
  2. Yes, Larry was presenting or speaking at a function, correct?

That would definitely explain a break in rehearsals...

Not to mention, Edge never takes a break. He was probably strumming and tweaking the entire travel time...
  3. Are we talking about one of the members of the most important band in the world or of a bank employee? Do you really think that with an upcoming tour, in which they will have to play songs that they haven't played in two and a half years, their time schedule is affected by weekends?
  4. Originally posted by J_Swallo:Are we talking about one of the members of the most important band in the world or of a bank employee? Do you really think that with an upcoming tour, in which they will have to play songs that they haven't played in two and a half years, their time schedule is affected by weekends?
    If one of the members had a previous engagement/obligation to speak or present in Madrid, then yes.

And I would pretty much imagine that they make their own schedules, so every day is like a weekend to them anyway.

Something also tells me that most of the songs in the set with the exception of maybe side 2 of the JT, they can play backwards and blindfolded even after 2 years...

I wouldn't worry too much over it.
  5. Originally posted by J_Swallo:Are we talking about one of the members of the most important band in the world or of a bank employee? Do you really think that with an upcoming tour, in which they will have to play songs that they haven't played in two and a half years, their time schedule is affected by weekends?
    Rehearsals are work. They should rehearse 7 days a week up until flying out to NZ? What about the crew members helping them?

They have played some of those songs over 700 times in concert in the last 32 years... they'll be fine.
  6. The only thing that worries me is that the least time they spend rehearsing, the least chances to get any substantial changes from the -already very static- 2017 setlist.
  7. Originally posted by J_Swallo:Are we talking about one of the members of the most important band in the world or of a bank employee? Do you really think that with an upcoming tour, in which they will have to play songs that they haven't played in two and a half years, their time schedule is affected by weekends?
    Yes. Of course. In November 2018 after the Berlin show the crew already was booked for this tour. So they could easily plan a decent rehearsals schedule, with weekends off.

No worry, they played JT in 2017 for 3 legs, and the songs they will put in from the EI tour they played over and over in 2018.

So. I think it is a plug in and play!
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:The only thing that worries me is that the least time they spend rehearsing, the least chances to get any substantial changes from the -already very static- 2017 setlist.
    substantial changes? you mean slight changes, of course.
  9. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Rehearsals are work. They should rehearse 7 days a week up until flying out to NZ? What about the crew members helping them?

They have played some of those songs over 700 times in concert in the last 32 years... they'll be fine.
  10. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]

Of corse they should, as they get closer to the tour kick off, and the crew too. By the way, you said that U2songs wrote that the band started rehearsing, could you please share the link? My fault I can't find it.
  11. I think Larry has been physically preparing for this tour and he'll be ready to drum the hell out of his kit, like always! Also, if they play any new / different songs than the previous tours, he'll be even more passionate; he seems to be enjoying himself more when there's a "surprise" song, like electric co in 2018 (only played twice) & Spanish Eyes in Madrid (Bono messed up the timing of his vocals in the intro, but Larry joined in correctly like a pro & he looked to be enjoying himself more on this 'rare' tune)
    I think for Edge & Adam, they mostly need to just 'warm up' their fingers and do whatever exercises they do before any tour. They've been touring so much these last years that they're pretty much on auto - pilot. They know what they're doing.
    I'm sure Bono has been preparing his voice and singing as much as he can to unlock his vocals and activate 'tour mode' .
    I'm sure they've been privately rehearsing either in Eze or Dublin to find the perfect sound, because it's such a short tour, they gotta nail it from show #1.
    We haven't heard of any news, because whatever's happening is private and that doesn't necessarily mean they won't throw in a few surprises in the setlist. Even better to actually be spoiler free for the tour opener, even though news will leak for sure as the day approaches.