Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Other than the 2nd Auckland show, I don't think we'll see any shows that are "poor" selling. Auckland #1, Brisbane, Melbourne and both Sydney shows are or will be sold out. Perth and Adelaide may have some empty spots, but won't be too bad. Singapore seemed to be a surprise, and sold very well. Tokyo and Seoul will be full, albeit in smaller indoor venues. No idea where Manila and Mumbai are, sales wise.

U2 didn't sell too well down under for Zoo TV. The Christchurch show was half empty, and Auckland not much better. The 1st Sydney show (that Adam missed) was not sold out, and they were considering cancelling the Adelaide show but things eventually picked up and they were able to sell about 30,000 tickets. Then there's the Popmart Australian leg, which must've lost a fortune!

The Vertigo tour was a massive success in Australia/NZ, with all shows selling out except the 3rd Sydney show. 360 did not fare as well, selling less than the Vertigo shows did despite utilizing more of the stadiums. Sydney 2 in 2010 only had about 40,000 tickets sold, whereas night 1 had 65,000. Brisbane 2 was even worse, with less than 30,000 attending. Auckland 2 had some sections blocked off and people moved around. Perth, however, did very well and sold more than Sydney and Melbourne!

Point is that U2 don't have a history of stellar sales in these areas, and they always came back. And like I said, other than Auckland 2 I don't think we'll be looking at any Popmart-like disasters. And I believe U2 will sell better in the Philippines than GnR did.
  2. So the tree stage is bigger. Reaching further into the field. More rail spots!
  3. Looks like One will be appearing after all for a 24 song Setlist. Knew it wouldn’t be dropped, still don’t know why they can’t use love is bigger as closer should switch the 2 around but doesn’t matter really.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:Looks like One will be appearing after all for a 24 song Setlist. Knew it wouldn’t be dropped, still don’t know why they can’t use love is bigger as closer should switch the 2 around but doesn’t matter really.
    they may change it up for tomorrow's show based on tonight's crowd's reaction
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:Looks like One will be appearing after all for a 24 song Setlist. Knew it wouldn’t be dropped, still don’t know why they can’t use love is bigger as closer should switch the 2 around but doesn’t matter really.
    A bit of a rubbish closer.
  6. Maybe they modified the stage to avoid the fan-queue-rail-thingy shitstorm
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Looks like One will be appearing after all for a 24 song Setlist. Knew it wouldn’t be dropped, still don’t know why they can’t use love is bigger as closer should switch the 2 around but doesn’t matter really.
    That's because One is a classic and LIB is garbage.
  8. Love is bigger was much better live than One was tonight and during E&I. I won’t argue it’s a better song than one, I prefer it but that’s just my preference One is a classic song but it’s no closer certainly not the way it gets performed these days.
  9. Better set than 2017

They still have it

Goodnight
  10. Anyone know what the gift was tonight for the vip seats?