Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. I thought JT tour 2017 was their less intressting tour, but this is even worse.
    The play on autopilot and Bono doesnt give much on the songs and avoid alot of the high notes. to me he is worse now than on Popmart and Elevation tour.....
    It is so booring that they detune alomst every song, they turn the songs to Karaoeke versions....

The band should. read this:
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bruce-dickinson-says-iron-maiden-performs-all-of-its-songs-in-the-original-key-we-dont-detune-like-some-other-people-do/
  2. That’s a bit harsh. Bono has always belted out the tunes that have been in a high key, without originally having any vocal training so inevitably as he gets older he will lose some of the range he had from 30 years ago. It’s still a good show.

Maybe you should go and catch iron maiden n tour
  3. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:I thought JT tour 2017 was their less intressting tour, but this is even worse.
    The play on autopilot and Bono doesnt give much on the songs and avoid alot of the high notes. to me he is worse now than on Popmart and Elevation tour.....
    It is so booring that they detune alomst every song, they turn the songs to Karaoeke versions....

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bruce-dickinson-says-iron-maiden-performs-all-of-its-songs-in-the-original-key-we-dont-detune-like-some-other-people-do/
    Haven’t they been tuned down for years now anyway?
  4. What's the problem with playing songs in different keys to make it more comfortable for the singer to sing them? Much better than singing out of key.
  5. Originally posted by Papo:What's the problem with playing songs in different keys to make it more comfortable for the singer to sing them? Much better than singing out of key.
    This.
  6. Originally posted by Papo:What's the problem with playing songs in different keys to make it more comfortable for the singer to sing them? Much better than singing out of key.
    or not playing it at all
  7. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:I thought JT tour 2017 was their less intressting tour, but this is even worse.

How do you know how much Bono is giving on the songs? If you think his voice isn’t what it used to be fair enough but you’re not in a position to say how hard Bono is trying. I didn’t get the chance to listen to the Brisbane show but from what I heard of the 2nd Auckland show he was better compared to the 1st night. He’s singing as well as he can sing end of story, if it’s not good enough for you then you won’t be missed as a fan at a live show, there are plenty who will take your place. The band also sounded full of energy from opening night I don’t know what you were listening to.
  8. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:I thought JT tour 2017 was their less intressting tour, but this is even worse.

They are performing every song in the same key as they have been doing for years, even decades in some cases.
  9. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:I thought JT tour 2017 was their less intressting tour, but this is even worse.

There are very few singers that can sing like they used to 20,30 years ago look at Jon bon Jovi,Joe Elliot, Axl Rose they struggle trying to sing those old classic songs but what do you expect those songs had so much energy in them and are impossible to replicate when you are in your late 50s ,the years of touring can do a lot of damage especially when you are belting out notes with extreme force night after night Bono may not be able to sing the way he could but he's certainly not the worst offender.
  10. NYD, WTSHNN, MW, PRIDE and a few one have been a up and down through the latest tours....
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    How do you know how much Bono is giving on the songs? If you think his voice isn’t what it used to be fair enough but you’re not in a position to say how hard Bono is trying. I didn’t get the chance to listen to the Brisbane show but from what I heard of the 2nd Auckland show he was better compared to the 1st night. He’s singing as well as he can sing end of story, if it’s not good enough for you then you won’t be missed as a fan at a live show, there are plenty who will take your place. The band also sounded full of energy from opening night I don’t know what you were listening to.
    Well If look at him in the videos and compare his face and body expressions when he
    sings the higher notes he put alot more effort in 2009-2015....