Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by superkev:That’s a bit harsh. Bono has always belted out the tunes that have been in a high key, without originally having any vocal training so inevitably as he gets older he will lose some of the range he had from 30 years ago. It’s still a good show.

Maybe you should go and catch iron maiden n tour
    Yes, it might be a bit harsh....
    But some songs are good because they hade such a energy and also the high notes are the highlights.
    When you stop doing the most intressting things right in the songs they stop being intressting.....
    Why not stop playing them and focus on the songs that you can't handle?

For me as a voice fanatic it gets alot less intressting on a live show if the singers doesent match his standard.

Ofcourse this a common thing when singers gets older, but some singers doesnt loose much of their range....
    It is what you do with what you have left that is the important thing....

The best thing the band could do is play songs that Bono can handle, the early songs from 80-83 is something the band plays better now and Bono sounds good on them....
    The JT, LT and some of the 00s songs with higher note can be left....
  2. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:[..]
    Well If look at him in the videos and compare his face and body expressions when he
    sings the higher notes he put alot more effort in 2009-2015....
    And do you know the limitations of his voice now compared to they days? Particularly comparing him now to 10 years ago is a bit ridiculous, he was 49 then he’s 59 now, of course he’ll have more limitations vocally, what he’s done is learn how to get the most of what he does have now, I think he’s doing a great job and I think you’re completely wrong suggesting he puts less effort in nowadays of anything he’s probably having to put more effort in to control his voice as opposed to overdoing it.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    And do you know the limitations of his voice now compared to they days? Particularly comparing him now to 10 years ago is a bit ridiculous, he was 49 then he’s 59 now, of course he’ll have more limitations vocally, what he’s done is learn how to get the most of what he does have now, I think he’s doing a great job and I think you’re completely wrong suggesting he puts less effort in nowadays of anything he’s probably having to put more effort in to control his voice as opposed to overdoing it.
    He still can hit the notes if he push a bit more, between 2017 and 2019 he have hit a few high notes, but it seems that he is holding back due to other things.
    If he did more exercise and devolope more stamina, becuase that is one thing that I get the impression of that is his biggest problem.
  4. what's the merch scene at the shows?
    Is it standard CD's, t-shirts, posters and hoodies or is there any extra fun stuff?

5. I've seen caps, drink bottles, coffee mugs and tote bags, in addition to the usual stuff. One thing to be aware of is some things don't appear until after the show. I couldn't find this t-shirt before, but it was everywhere after the show.
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[image]
    I've seen caps, drink bottles, coffee mugs and tote bags, in addition to the usual stuff. One thing to be aware of is some things don't appear until after the show. I couldn't find this t-shirt before, but it was everywhere after the show.
    Yeah, I kept seeing it too and I'm sure of the four merch stands I went to (I needed a carry bag - got one from 7/11 eventually) - I didn't see it anywhere. Maybe it's a fan-club one from Zootopia or somewhere else.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Actually my reference is 2015-2017 and there is a pretty huge difference.
    Sure things can happen in two years, just compare his voice in early 1990 to 1991.
    In that short period of time it wasnt just the ability in hitting notes and strenght but also the sound in his voice.
    His "main" sound in his voice have been pretty the same from 2009 to 2019, but the in 2017 he started to avoid or go sing the hight notes lower....

To me it looked like he did push alot more effort in 2014-2015 when beltning out notes in EBW, Eletroical Co, RBW, Iris, Gloria, EBTTRT....
  8. I still think IWF would work best as a closer, like it did at some gigs in 2017.

Pasadena 1 was awesome!
  9. Paris 2 it worked well
  10. Agree, took the roof off Amsterdam 2 when they played it at the end.