Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by germcevoy:Is this drum delay a new thing for this stage setup? I can never remember seeing this in person or on video from any other tour. Granted, I don’t recall a full drum kit so far from the PA stack but it sounds disorientating as hell.
    It was like that in 2017. I was right next to Larry in London.

2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Opening with the joint worst version they’ve ever done of a song (joint with i&e/ part of e&i version) wouldn’t be too clever.
    Popmart version was miles better than i+e/e+i version. And I find it more enjoyable than Vertigo or 360 version.
    Btw on original JT tour they were starting it also only with guitar (and it was great).
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Popmart version was miles better than i+e/e+i version. And I find it more enjoyable than Vertigo or 360 version.
    Btw on original JT tour they were starting it also only with guitar (and it was great).
    The only way I like it stripped down is when it’s acoustic like they did in 2004 I think it was for something to do with Bill Clinton. Otherwise edge just picking they notes on the electric guitar with no significant effects just doesn’t do it for me. But the best versions of the song are when it’s played like the original, there’s no need to try and change or improve on the album version so just replicate it live.

This is 2004 version I was on about
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    The only way I like it stripped down is when it’s acoustic like they did in 2004 I think it was for something to do with Bill Clinton. Otherwise edge just picking they notes on the electric guitar with no significant effects just doesn’t do it for me. But the best versions of the song are when it’s played like the original, there’s no need to try and change or improve on the album version so just replicate it live.

[YouTube Video]
    Yeah this one is not bad.
    On Popmart it was much better than that karaoke thing, so maybe that's why I have connection to it.
    My favourite versions are 1987 and 2001 (so not exactly album version). And I like, when they play songs differently than on album (if it's not stripped down version). Like Please, Exit, Bullet (except for 2005 version), SBS, MW, and many more...
  5. Popmart SBS is awesome
  6. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    On Popmart it was much better than that karaoke thing, so maybe that's why I have connection to it.
    My favourite versions are 1987 and 2001 (so not exactly album version). And I like, when they play songs differently than on album (if it's not stripped down version). Like Please, Exit, Bullet (except for 2005 version), SBS, MW, and many more...
    There is certain circumstances where I like songs played differently to the album. Particularly when it’s adding something to it as opposed to just changing it or removing parts. They examples you gave above are good ones of that, MW has the solo added in for the best performances, some of Edge’s work on most live versions of bullet exceeds the album version. Please was better live just in general I would say as is Exit which also is lengthened. SBS is also better live I would say but it’s just better live when they play it close to the album imo. 2001 was another good example though of them lengthening the song and i think that possibly is one of the best versions as well again because they’ve added to the song not taken away.
  7. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Mysterious Ways zoo era is the ultimate performance! Edge intro guitar licks & keyboard + slide solo and Bono's insane falsetto vocals.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

[YouTube Video]
    Clinton Library Version.
  9. Yes! And I also love 2001 version with extended intro and Sexual Healing snipets...
  10. I think ZooTV was the best version of MW.
  11. I love streets but can't help to feel its lacking something this tour. Although I'm pretty sure I saw Bono run during it in the Melbourne gig.