Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I was in the same position for the first night in Auckland and, while there were two distinct sounds, I found myself marvelling at my proximity and thinking "I can hear Larry literally hitting his kit, and not just through the speakers ". To me that was more awesome than off putting but then I tend not to be overly critical (In the sense of questioning things).

I usually don't speak about audio in a public setting because of the eventual and inevitable 'audio guy takedown/correction'.
  2. Originally posted by SJKamal:I love streets but can't help to feel its lacking something this tour. Although I'm pretty sure I saw Bono run during it in the Melbourne gig.

That cuz he wanted to.
  3. He also wanted to hide.
  4. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]

I usually don't speak about audio in a public setting because of the eventual and inevitable 'audio guy takedown/correction'.
    I think it's to annoy the superfans who hog the rails .
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:I love streets but can't help to feel its lacking something this tour. Although I'm pretty sure I saw Bono run during it in the Melbourne gig.

As long WTSHNN doesnt sound like the version from 2015-07-02 it is not intressting
    I know that I mention this version often(sorry ) , but if you haven't heard it; please listen to it
    From 2:20:40 and forward(when the line "The city's a flood
    And our love turns to rust" starts)

6. I'm not a fan of MW, but Dublin 1993 version makes it a totally different song.
    No other tours version of MW makes sounds intressting....
  7. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Yeah this one is not bad.
    On Popmart it was much better than that karaoke thing, so maybe that's why I have connection to it.
    My favourite versions are 1987 and 2001 (so not exactly album version). And I like, when they play songs differently than on album (if it's not stripped down version). Like Please, Exit, Bullet (except for 2005 version), SBS, MW, and many more...

Dont forget this two:
    Vocally, he have never sing the songs so good like he did on this show.

This versions is my second favorite, he sings it with a Bowie sound
  8. Originally posted by hello123:[..]

I normally agree with you Bono vocal analysis. But here I disagree. I had VERY low expectations going into Melbourne and honestly it was the most passionate I have seen him sing out of the NYC 2015 and Milan 2018 shows I saw. To me it really seemed like he put hi self in the JT songs. The happy meal section and Macphisto reboot was trite but the rest of the show was pretty special imo

Im going to download the whole show and give it a chance
    Thanks for the tip!
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:I love streets but can't help to feel its lacking something this tour. Although I'm pretty sure I saw Bono run during it in the Melbourne gig.
    Maybe it's because it's missing a good segue. Instead we get a photo opportunity & some Bono waffle.
  10. A segue from two years ago that wasn't great and goes on for two long, a terrible Bono waffle, the intro sounds hollow with just Edge's chime, still no Larry on the sticks, the unnecessarily loud synths for the flash, drums too low in the mix etc etc. The only bit I liked was the bone shaking bass notes during the intro.

Like so many songs, just minor tweaks needed to have them just where I'd like them.
  11. The segue into streets is pretty crucial to its success. I have to admit I’m just glad to be able to get the chance to hear it again after it being dropped last year but when they do have a good segue into it what a difference it makes, bad, all I want is you, zooropa, RTSS, Please, or as a show opener instead, they all work better than pride does.