Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by Andrew_C:Was just thinking how good The Fly visuals would have been with that massive JT screen, damn that would have been a sight to see.
    A newer one, The Blackout, could also have been great on that jumbo screen. Though give me the Fly please
  2. Blackout is the son of The Fly.
  3. Originally posted by melon51:Anyway, interesting debate! On my side I'm gonna keep looking for proof that capacity # can be set after the concert has ended..
    If the Auckland1+2 thingy doesn't convince you I don't know what can
  4. I love how U2 almost exclusively posts Bad clips and music on their socials. I love this song so much.
  5. Did they post this much on JT17 or last year? I honestly don't remember it but maybe I didn't pay that much attention either
  6. Originally posted by Remy:I love how U2 almost exclusively posts Bad clips and music on their socials. I love this song so much.
    And probably cause the snippets in Bad are pretty much the only thing that actually changes each night 🤣
  7. Absolutely it would work so well at the start of the encore they could easily throw in a few curveballs in that slot and shake it up a bit do a random 3 song selection, with such an extensive back catalogue of good songs it wouldn't lessen the gig .
  8. Fav Bad snippet for the tour so far?
  9. Never Tear Us Apart. Also because he split it in two, ending the song with it too.
  10. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I thought you made some suggestions with saying "attendance figures were real up til 1998" and by making a comparison to album certifications in which you suggest they manipulate the actual numbers.. and by talking about the gross revenues which have zero to do with capacity, only with real attendance numbers.
    anyway, I think in general the actual attendance numbers speak for themselves and the sell out label isn't that important.. of course it's nice to really sell out the venue, but the label itself shouldnt be something you would lie for..
    You are very right, I made a mistake with this sentence:

It was a mistake and I'm not saying (I never would) that they inflate the actual ATTENDANCE FIGURES, there's no legal way of doing that because it's a figure that is provided on the spot to the local authorities.
  11. A slight off topic but seems you mentioned 1998... regarding the attendance figures, u2 actually had a different problem with some of the local promoters in the 90's. I remember that on the italian dates of the ZooTv tour, good old Paul McG wass really pissed of when he discovered that the local promoters actually sold quite a few thousand extra tickets for each stadium show that were not reported in the official att. figures. U2 staff discovered that with doublechecking the physical ticket stubs at the gates and recounting them In those days in Europe GAs were really filled up to the maximum...