Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Perhaps it’s a little bit non creative to do again JT but hey it’s OUR lovely rock band from the Northside of Dublin!!!! I don’t care what they will play every song is welcome for me.

I didn’t get any tickets for JT30 anymore but JT87 was my first concert. I always hated me for to react too late for to buy tickets for JT30 - and now? It could be a chance to listen once again live. Wow! - but if I am realistic it’s not right in this moment for me, for my family. Haha! But I can dream out loud.

And for the fans over there it would be amazing I guess. And I am glad for them. :-)
  2. The Aussie dollar continues to plummet FYI
  3. U2.... Just close out the show with either of the following 2 songs and you can play whatever you want :

Little Things
    Kite
  4. I believe The Blackout and Bigger will be on the setlist.
  5. The length of days between Berlin EI and Auckland is......

........360 days! Get it? 360?
  6. Shut up Trump, no more talk about a trade war with China! The Aussie dollar fell over a cent in a day, on that news. 3 cents in a month. These ticket prices are going to be expensive! One positive about it being stadiums, not arenas. Arena ticket prices would have been exorbitant!

7. As others have said, it's very dependent on flight prices.

Here's a great website, to determine what airlines fly where,

https://www.flightconnections.com/

From LAX, a quick look at flight prices gives the impression that flights to Tokyo are the cheapest. But be aware that flight prices sometimes change dramatically, between dates, & when sales are on. So you need to do your research. It's still a long way out, so I must likely wouldn't book flights. Just search for them in Google Flights, track the flights you're interested in, & would be sent a notification when the price of these flights change. I'm sure there will be plenty of sales on before November. November to early December is shoulder season I think, so sales on these dates should occur.

At the moment, direct return flights start from $700 USD, for flights from LAX to Tokyo (longer, indirect flights from $500). It's also the shortest flight at around 12 hours There is plenty of competition, with lots of Airlines flying from LAX to either of Tokyo's two airports (NRT & HND). Japan's ANA & JAL fly direct, as do the US's United, American & Delta Airlines. Singapore Airlines even fly direct from LAX to NRT!

Flights to Singapore (SIN) look expensive! As only Singapore Airlines flies LAX-SIN direct, so there's no competition. Looks to be around $1,000 for direct LAX-SIN return flights. It's also a longer 17hr flight.

Direct return flights to Seoul (ICN) also look expensive, around $1,000. Only Korean Air & Asiana fly LAX-ICN, so there's not much competition. But do be aware that there are very cheap flights between Tokyo & Seoul, with lots of Airlines competing in this route, even Ethiopian Airlines! So if you wanted to do both Japanese & Korean shows, you can get between the two very cheaply.

There's very cheap flights from Australia to the US. We often see sales around $500 for a return at the moment. But I can't see anything from the US to the east coast of Oz that's super cheap, around $850 now. I'd expect it's a bit more expensive than Japan, but cheaper than Singapore. It's around 15 hours from LAX to the east coast of Oz.

NZ looks quite expensive, $1,000. As only Air New Zealand & American fly direct LAX-AKL.

As for accommodation & living expenses. I'm no expert, but I'd expect Singapore to be the highest. It's regarded as the most expensive city in the world. A friend looked at concert tickets there, they were very expensive!

Australia is also very expensive, one of the most expensive places in the world to travel. I'd expect NZ to a little bit cheaper, but maybe not.

Japan is cheaper than it used to be. Certainly cheaper than Australia, particularly outside Tokyo. The Tokyo shows are actually at Saitama, about an hour north of central Tokyo. Quite a few hotels up there. Maybe this is a little cheaper than central Tokyo, I don't know.

A total guess, but maybe Seoul is a little cheaper than Tokyo? I don't know.

The other consideration is the weather! Early summer in Australia. Lovely weather, with a chance of being a bit too hot. NZ should be very nice. Singapore will be hot & ridiculously humid, like always. It will be winter in Tokyo & Seoul. Both cities could be blanketed in snow. Particularly Seoul!

My choice would be Japan (plus Seoul if you want an extended trip). Likely to be the cheapest. An amazing, unusual place to visit. Totally different culture, amazing food. Just rug up for winter!
  8. Tokyo! But leave your camera at home 😂 How about Tokyo & Seoul, very cheap flights between the two.
  9. Originally posted by guykirk9:Lovetown 2019 would have made so much more sense but I think they go with the JT name because of how much more recognizable it is, sucks but at least we know the stage will be amazing.
    Yep, was so hoping for Lovetown30! Wouldn't have taken much to redesign the staging, just a lick of paint on the screen (if you can do such a thing to that screen), new b-stage (in the shape of a guitar), & the catwalk (in the shape of a crescent moon). Could have been an interesting setup, although the Lovetown logo is kinda bollocks, compared to the Joshua Tree.

Would have given the opportunity for a bit more variety. A good portion of JT, plus some R&H classics.

But you're totally right, the Joshua Tree is far more recognisable. Although us crazies love Lovetown, the general public wouldn't know what's going on. Plus Exit was only played once in Lovetown (on the original Joshua Tree tour or was played more than Streets!) Missing Exit would be a disaster
  10. Originally posted by CrashCaderz:Last time u2 were in Aus I was 12 didn’t really know the band too well then but Finally after all the times of listening to their music on repeat, watching their shows on YouTube/DVD I’ll be now able to see them live in Aus for the first time. I’m a happy man
    Finally! Congrats