Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. — double post again —
  2. Based on nothing concrete, I would assume that U2 have not played together at all since they walked offstage in Berlin last November. I would assume that Bono is always writing lyrics as ideas come to him, and that Edge has been working on musical ideas that will become the demos for the next album. But they won't start working on the new album until after Christmas break, in early 2020. They'll probably shoot for late 2021 as a goal, making it 4 years between SOE and the next one. Maybe they'll hit their goal, but probably not.

Then that would put the next tour into 2022-2023. Bono and Adam will be 63 in 2023, Edge and Larry 62. I definitely think they have at least 1 more album/tour cycle in them. I used to think "man there's no way U2 will continue on pass age 60, or 2020." I also used to think U2 seemed pretty old when they were 40. Now I'm getting close to 40 and I don't feel old at all. I can't wait for what's next. But first, let's enjoy these 2019 shows, wether we do so in person or on youtube!
  3. Based on nothing concrete, I would assume that U2 have not played together at all since they walked offstage in Berlin last November. I would assume that Bono is always writing lyrics as ideas come to him, and that Edge has been working on musical ideas that will become the demos for the next album. But they won't start working on the new album until after Christmas break, in early 2020. They'll probably shoot for late 2021 as a goal, making it 4 years between SOE and the next one. Maybe they'll hit their goal, but probably not.

Then that would put the next tour into 2022-2023. Bono and Adam will be 63 in 2023, Edge and Larry 62. I definitely think they have at least 1 more album/tour cycle in them. I used to think "man there's no way U2 will continue on pass age 60, or 2020." I also used to think U2 seemed pretty old when they were 40. Now I'm getting close to 40 and I don't feel old at all. I can't wait for what's next. But first, let's enjoy these 2019 shows, wether we do so in person or on youtube!
  4. Based on nothing concrete, I would assume that U2 have not played together at all since they walked offstage in Berlin last November. I would assume that Bono is always writing lyrics as ideas come to him, and that Edge has been working on musical ideas that will become the demos for the next album. But they won't start working on the new album until after Christmas break, in early 2020. They'll probably shoot for late 2021 as a goal, making it 4 years between SOE and the next one. Maybe they'll hit their goal, but probably not.

5. I'm betting on an October, November or December 2021 album release
  6. Age is not a matter of metric..it;s a state of mind ;-0 they are still young innocent experienced men....

im 46.... I would never bet to be so fit at that age

to music: hope for 2021 next album
  7. Age is not a matter of metric..it;s a state of mind ;-0 they are still young innocent experienced men....

im 46.... I would never bet to be so fit at that age

to music: hope for 2021 next album
  8. Originally posted by iver54:I think they realized they can't afford to release albums at such a slow pace as they are getting older and need to get things out more quickly because they won't be around forever,
    5 years between HTDAAB-NLOTH and NLOTH-SOI,

I recall Larry saying in 2015 that the days of 4-5 year gaps between U2 albums was over.

"We'll never spend four-and-a-half years writing and recording a record again. Those days are gone." - Larry Mullen jr, 2015
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

"We'll never spend four-and-a-half years writing and recording a record again. Those days are gone." - Larry Mullen jr, 2015
    That quote suggests to me something very different from saying there won’t be a 4-5 year gap between albums anymore. That means the actual time spent working on the record won’t be 4 and a half years. Given they haven’t properly started working on the next album yet let’s say they cut that time in half even, that’s still 2022 maybe for a new album
  10. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

That's a very ambiguous quote. It might mean they intend to release albums more often or quite the contrary, as in "we're going to tour longer because record sales just don't pay the bills anymore, so we'll be needing more and more time between records". It's anyone's guess.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    That's a very ambiguous quote. It might mean they intend to release albums more often or quite the contrary, as in "we're going to tour longer because record sales just don't pay the bills anymore, so we'll be needing more and more time between records". It's anyone's guess.
    Among the band members I really don't think there's any incentive or notion of needing to "pay the bills" though
  12. Originally posted by Sev00:[..]
    Among the band members I really don't think there's any incentive or notion of needing to "pay the bills" though
    They're a company and they need to make money. The band members themselves are rich as fuck by now, of course, but they still need to make money.