Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Next year will be a year of very little activity, like 2016 (ok they did two shows but still), 2021 is when things might start rolling again.
    My wallet thanks them and, free downloadable bootlegs that are of fine quality on this website.

Appreciative of everyone sharing their recordings. Thanks!
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:Very sorry all the free recordings didn't meet your quality expectations!

Premium recordings don't need a FM broadcast. Many u2 broadcasts are heavily compressed and mediocre mixes in my opinion. Many times a high quality Iem mix beats out broadcasts.
    Agree, the quality of U2 broadcasts went dramatically downhill in the 00s. Compare any 80s or 90s radio broadcast with 360 Montreal or Cape Town and it's dismal difference.

Still I think it's ok for @colbourne25 to regret the lack of broadcasts/proshot recordings from these last few tours. We haven't had a proper proshot (not counting the few official releases and the whole Paris 2015 HBO thing which was obviously extraordinary) since... when, 2006?
  3. Yep. No real point to join for an Aussie stadium tour anyway. You'll get any tickets you want in the general sale, if you're in the ball. If you do happen to miss out, there's always going to be ticket drops anyway.

You really just need that presale code for higher demand stuff, like European arena tours.

Or for early GA entry in Japan/South Korea. That's the only reason I joined, so I could get a great spot in GA in Tokyo, as entry was based on ticket number (the order tickets were purchased).
  4. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Bet it's single cam considering how fast of a release. Audio looks like an audience.

I spotted 4 to 5 Japanese iem tapers around the venue during soundcheck times. I bet one of them sells to bootleg labels.
    Yes, it is really very fast. I believe quality is no more important to them. Only money.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Agree, the quality of U2 broadcasts went dramatically downhill in the 00s. Compare any 80s or 90s radio broadcast with 360 Montreal or Cape Town and it's dismal difference.

Still I think it's ok for @colbourne25 to regret the lack of broadcasts/proshot recordings from these last few tours. We haven't had a proper proshot (not counting the few official releases and the whole Paris 2015 HBO thing which was obviously extraordinary) since... when, 2006?
    Zooropa from RDS in Dublin and the Sydeny broadcast were horrendous the sound quality was very poor they sounded like they were playing in a cave with the amount of echo.
  6. I like the Dublin 1993 mix (I have an upgrade on this that I need to package up for release...maybe for Xmas release), but it does have a high mix on the ambience mics. Sydney is just a muddy mix in general.
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Bet it's single cam considering how fast of a release. Audio looks like an audience.

I spotted 4 to 5 Japanese iem tapers around the venue during soundcheck times. I bet one of them sells to bootleg labels.
    I spotted you scouting the back of the venue, left you guys alone. Wished you good luck in my head
  8. Originally posted by hoserama:I like the Dublin 1993 mix (I have an upgrade on this that I need to package up for release...maybe for Xmas release), but it does have a high mix on the ambience mics. Sydney is just a muddy mix in general.
    Agree with you.
    I like it that there is a lot of ambience and audience in the mix, having been there at the RDS those two night it evokes strong memories.
  9. If you know what to look for, not hard to find.