Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Again though a lot of the tickets could have been give aways which wouldn’t have counted towards the actual attendance. So maybe 45k were in there for Katy Perry as well but only 34,683 were actually paid for tickets.
    I highly doubt u2 and K.Perry would give away 1/3 of the tickets, more likely given the stage configuration, Manila's capacity is around 35k . In general the tour was a success, excluding Adelaide and Auckland 2, although even those A&A numbers aren't that bad and are comparable with ZooTv numbers for those two cities.
  2. Originally posted by celtic:[..]
    I highly doubt u2 and K.Perry would give away 1/3 of the tickets, more likely given the stage configuration, Manila's capacity is around 35k . In general the tour was a success, excluding Adelaide and Auckland 2, although even those A&A numbers aren't that bad and are comparable with ZooTv numbers for those two cities.
    It would be more like a quarter of the total attendance and if it made a show appear a sell out they would definitely do it. We already know u2 have done it in the past.
  3. I recorded several takes of it in soundcheck for Tokyo 2.

Ask me how many times I've listened to it since then.

4. Auckland 2 wasn't the disaster everyone feared it was going to be a couple of weeks out from the show. From my seat at the rear, it was pretty full. Discounting the ticket prices, pushing the advertising and good reviews of the first night filled it up.
  5. Meanwhile, Adelaide was kind of a sales disaster, but nobody knew it because of the lack of an interactive map. They even slashed prices for that show and still only ended up with 30,000.

Reminds me the zoo tv show in Adelaide, where they considered cancelling it because of poor sales. They eventually ended up with around 30,000.
  6. Originally posted by podiumboy:Meanwhile, Adelaide was kind of a sales disaster, but nobody knew it because of the lack of an interactive map. They even slashed prices for that show and still only ended up with 30,000.

Reminds me the zoo tv show in Adelaide, where they considered cancelling it because of poor sales. They eventually ended up with around 30,000.
    It is fair to highlight Adelaide compared to the rest of the tour as a poor example but still 30k people at more than $80 average a ticket isn’t bad for poor sales. 99.9% of bands out there would kill for they poor sales.
  7. Just remembered about Larry's drum tech for this tour - it was Don McAuley, Charlie Watts' drum tech, instead of Sam.
  8. Stated by podiumboy.....

" Ed Sheeran is way more popular than U2, especially Australia it seems. "

....... It only reaffirms Australians' poor taste in music than other parts of the world.
  9. Yes, Sams wife passed away just before the tour..
  10. Year ago today it leaked.