Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Streets was played in Db, a semitone lower than the album, between 1987 and 2004. They shifted it to D standard between 2005 and 2014. Then they brought it down again to Db during 2015 & 16 (with the infamous incident of the Dreamforce gig where Adam started playing the song with a bass in D standard instead of Db). They played it in the key of Zero sharp during 2018. And they played it in D standard during both JT tours.

So, in short:

TJT - D
    1987-2004 - Db
    2005-2014 - D
    2015-2016 - Db
    2017-2019 - D

I should have paid more attention in music class at school or showed more interest in my youth so that my brain could understand and my ears appreciate the difference. All respect to those of you who did and can.
  2. I'm my opinion the JT19 shows were better than the JT17 shows. Band sounded better, setlist was better, and band had more energy overall. With a few exceptions, especially the JT17 Seattle show.

Still, I thought the visuals were underwhelming and in some parts took away from the music. The "road" video for Streets was pretty horrible and now I can't get the visual of the stream out of my head for ISHFWILF. The visuals took away from the abstract concept of The Joshua Tree for me.