Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Thank you Remy!
  2. Indeed very handy!
  3. Originally posted by Chrisssie:Is it sure that this page will be selling the Korea tickets:
    â–¶Ticketing: YES24 (ticket.yes24.com / 1544-6399)

I know it's mentioned on LN Korea. I have found the page with ticket info on Friday on YES24, but I don't find it anymore now...?

ticket.yes24.com/Pages/Notice/NoticeMain.aspx#id=9461
    You mean this page?
  4. Less than 24 hours out from the start of the presale and neither ticketing agency has an interactive map so you can see where the different ticket classes are assigned. Expected that sort of detail to be finalised before now.
  5. I have to admit I haven't bought seats at a concert in a long time (GA junkie), or any concert tickets in Australia for years. But IS IT DEFINITELY NORMAL to have an interactive map showing the different prices for all concerts these days?

I'm not sure if it was i+e/e+i or JT30, but I think I remember reading that there weren't interactive maps for the first few days of the sale. As ticket purchases are too manic at this time. People selecting then deselecting seats they're not happy with, it'd be way more likely to crash the system.

For i+e, the San Jose concert was about the only one in the US that showed a seat map with ticket prices (still easy to find on google, even in Joe's guide to GA). People were using this map to give them a rough idea of that seat prices would be like at other venues.

For the 360 shows in the US in 2009 (& 2011 I believe), seat maps certainly didn't show the pricing information. I actually made my own very detailed seating map for the Rose Bowl show, by searching for seats in the presale, & asking other forum to list the details of seats they were offered. I uploaded it to the relevant thread on Interference forums. Took quite a lot of time, but proved useful over there.

Turns out I did the same thing for the Sydney 360 show at ANZ in 2010. So Ticketek definitely didn't provide pricing info back in 2010!

Here's the map I made for ANZ in 2010.

I also think part of the reason that pricing information isn't offered is that it may be a ploy by the ticket vendors, to keep the buying public in the dark. Uninformed people are more likely to panic & snap up any ticket they are offered in their selected price range, even if it's a pretty poor ticket.

The other thing worrying me about Sydney, is there still doesn't appear to be any CAT4 seats. So it's either the $60 cheapies, or $190 plus. A very large gap in prices, which doesn't seem right, & isn't the case at other venues.

6. When I say interactive, I'm thinking of a map like this used for AFL games, where the sections are colour coded and when I click on a price category only applicable sections are displayed. Right now, we have no idea where any of the categories apply, so it's a case of choose your price pain point and hope the seats are ok
  7. Only concern now is what quality of seats is available during the red hill presale.

They were absolutely atrocious given the price during the NA leg of e&i, with better quality seats popping up then during secondary presales.
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:
    When I say interactive, I'm thinking of a map like this used for AFL games, where the sections are colour coded and when I click on a price category only applicable sections are displayed. Right now, we have no idea where any of the categories apply, so it's a case of choose your price pain point and hope the seats are ok
    I don't think you're going to get this Mike. As I said, 360 had no maps with pricing info whatsoever, whether interactive or not. Yep, you're given them for sporting events, & you can see them for some concerts on Ticketek now (I've been practicing my ticket purchasing technique).

Maybe things have changed, & I'm wrong. But for very high demand events I think Tickmaster & Ticketek generally like to keep everyone uninformed. So I'm sorry to say that I think you may be flying blind.

If you're in the Red Hill group I'd advise to not panic! As kevinu267 says, there's been some really poor seats offered in the presales in the past.

I remember for 360 I was offered seats behind the CLAW legs over & over again, until somebody else purchased them, then was offered better seats.

So take your time, & only choose seats you're reasonably happy with. I'd recommend printing out the SCG's seat map, for reference. Even having coloured pens available, quickly coding the seats that are appearing, until you're happy with what you've been offered. Just so you get an idea of what the pricing categories look like.

If you're in the Red Hill group, you should have some time to do this. Wires, a bit more rushed. General sale, carnage.
  9. Thanks Dave. I've seen plenty other artist do this, so it is a bit odd not having it but you're right, just got to go with the flow. Definitely in Red Hill group and not too concerned if the right tickets don't pop up on pre-sale. Went with a large family group for Vertigo and had to wait for the general release as I wanted more than 4 tickets. and will being doing that again in Sydney.

12 hours now until Auckland pre-sale and first purchase. Glad Melbourne and Perth are staggered so that I'm juggling 3 cities at once.