Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. It's the JT Tour, not IE...but it would be a shame for Acrobat to not be shared down under and everywhere else.
  2. I wouldn't rule it out for that reason... they broke it out and did it every night for e/i to please fans, so they've worked it out live. unless they feel it's not a big favorite of australian, new zealand and asian fans, why would they deprive them of the song? It would fit fine in the "after TJT" set...

I'm saying the odds are better you'll hear it! but what do i know...
  3. exit into acrobat
  4. Bring back People Get Ready!

5. Unlikely considering the main reason it was played on the Experience tour is that it fit the narrative of the show with MacPhisto. Not the case with this tour, plus you already have Exit and the Shadowman which will obviously be played. Acrobat was cool live but Exit is WAY better anyway.
  6. I think I like Exit and Acrobat pretty equally both heavy sounding songs which is a side to u2 I love, live though I would say Exit seemed to grab the crowds attention more. Playing both on the same night would be great but I wouldn’t bet on it happening.
  7. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]

Unlikely considering the main reason it was played on the Experience tour is that it fit the narrative of the show with MacPhisto. Not the case with this tour, plus you already have Exit and the Shadowman which will obviously be played. Acrobat was cool live but Exit is WAY better anyway.
    I guess we'll find out. The "encore" portion of TJT30 had no particular narrative, other than being songs post-TJT.

I see your point, and it makes perfect sense.

But, I also think it makes perfect sense that they do play it. A big part of them doing it was that it's been the most demanded fan request for years... and they worked it out, and executed it and played it every night. Now that it's dusted off, why not share it in these countries as well? Unless Australian friends don't feel the same way about as the rest of the world, that is.

I dunno... thats my take. And what makes sense in our world can sometimes be an alternate reality in U2 world!
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:I think I like Exit and Acrobat pretty equally both heavy sounding songs which is a side to u2 I love, live though I would say Exit seemed to grab the crowds attention more. Playing both on the same night would be great but I wouldn’t bet on it happening.
    I wouldn't bet on it, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened either...
  9. I’d be surprised but yeah maybe not quite shocked after they stuck with it last year for the full tour. The band do have a habit of surprising us, I know once a tour gets going they don’t always change too much, but I can’t think of many people that would have predicted miss Sarajevo or ultraviolet showing up in 2017, or little things for that matter and I don’t know if anybody predicted Sunday Bloody Sunday as opener even though I’m sure most expected it to be played somewhere in the set. So they definitely can and probably will surprise us to some extent. I’ve decided to head to Singapore after all so I do have a bit more of an interest in the Setlist now but I’ll just be happy to hear TJT in full again.
  10. I was just watching a trailer for upcoming Michael Hutchence documentary...

November 22 will be anniversary of Michaels death... I'd make bets there will be some INXS snippets mixed into the set...
  11. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:I was just watching a trailer for upcoming Michael Hutchence documentary...

November 22 will be anniversary of Michaels death... I'd make bets there will be some INXS snippets mixed into the set...
    Someone also suggested stuck in a moment being played which does sound very realistic, even if they didn’t want to make it a regular they could easily fit it into the Setlist, acoustic version I’d imagine, would love to hear the full band version again, it’s been an awful long time.