Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Would love to hear kite live but I don't think his voice can do it justice anymore.
  2. They will probably keep SBS as the opener, the drums are instantly recognisable to 100% of the crowd.
  3. I don't mind SBS staying as the opener. If not, I wouldn't mind seeing Out of Control or I Will Follow open the show.
  4. I still stand by the setlist I posted +2 years ago, with one song per album except TUF that gets 2 (keep in mind that SOE wasn't released by that time, so might as well add Love Is Bigger after EBW):

Originally posted by LikeASong:Strict chronological order:

01 - Out Of Control
    02 - Gloria
    03 - New Year's Day
    04 - A Sort Of Homecoming
    05 - Bad
    ---TJT30---
    06 - Where The Streets Have No Name
    07 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    08 - With Or Without You
    09 - Bullet The Blue Sky
    10 - Running To Stand Still
    11 - Red Hill Mining Town
    12 - In God's Country
    13 - Trip Through Your Wires
    14 - One Tree Hill
    15 - Exit
    16 - Mothers Of The Disappeared
    ---encore---
    17 - Hawkmoon 269
    18 - One
    19 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    20 - Gone
    21 - Kite
    22 - Miracle Drug
    23 - Moment Of Surrender
    24 - Every Breaking Wave
  5. Ok maybe Hawkmoon and Gone are too far-fetched So Desire and Staring At The Sun could replace them.
  6. I do like your idea LikeASong. It's interesting, but too logical for U2 to ever do lol. Maybe if they had emphasized a U2:40yrs type show
  7. Anyone remember the other JT30 setlist ideas that Willie Williams actually put on record back in 2017? (besides that Ordinary Love sing-along) I think he spoke of 1-2 other setlist arrangement suggestions that they never went with. I think one was about opening with Streets... and the other one possibly was about playing JT not in sequential order...?

Speaking of which, the only 2-3 other artists who I've seen perform whole albums have always been in sequential order. Anyone see one NOT done in sequential order? And were their complains about that? Of course, U2 is big enough target that they would get criticized for that choice for sure. Kinda wish they would just say fuck it anyways, and mix it all up in blender;

Opening with Streets with R+H section:
    1-11. Full JT album
    -move to Tree-stage- possibily with horns or choir set up there-
    12. Angel of Harlem
    13. When Love Comes to Town
    14. Desire
    15. All I Want is You
    16. Pride
    -encore-
    17.Sunday Bloody Sunday
    18. Vertigo
    19. Beautiful Day
    20. One
    21. Love Is Bigger
    22. Bad/IWF

Non-Sequential JT:
    1. IWF/Out of Control
    2. Elevation
    3. In God's Country
    4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    5. One Tree Hill
    6. I Still Havent Found
    7. Bad
    8. Bullet
    9. Running to Stand Still
    10. Streets
    11. Mothers of the D
    12. Exit
    13. Vertigo
    14. Red Hill Mining
    15. NYD
    16. Pride
    -encore-
    17. Mysterious Ways
    18. Trip Thru Your Wires
    19. With or Without You
    20. Beautiful Day
    21. One
    22. Love Is Bigger
  8. Originally posted by marik:Anyone remember the other JT30 setlist ideas that Willie Williams actually put on record back in 2017? (besides that Ordinary Love sing-along) I think he spoke of 1-2 other setlist arrangement suggestions that they never went with. I think one was about opening with Streets... and the other one possibly was about playing JT not in sequential order...?

Speaking of which, the only 2-3 other artists who I've seen perform whole albums have always been in sequential order. Anyone see one NOT done in sequential order? And were their complains about that? Of course, U2 is big enough target that they would get criticized for that choice for sure. Kinda wish they would just say fuck it anyways, and mix it all up in blender;

1-11. Full JT album
    12. Angel of Harlem
    14. Desire
    15. All I Want is You
    16. Pride
    -encore-
    17.Sunday Bloody Sunday
    18. Vertigo
    19. Beautiful Day
    20. One
    21. Love Is Bigger
    22. Bad/IWF

Non-Sequential JT:
    1. IWF/Out of Control
    2. Elevation
    3. In God's Country
    4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    5. One Tree Hill
    6. I Still Havent Found
    7. Bad
    8. Bullet
    10. Streets
    11. Mothers of the D
    12. Exit
    13. Vertigo
    14. Red Hill Mining
    15. NYD
    16. Pride
    -encore-
    17. Mysterious Ways
    18. Trip Thru Your Wires
    19. With or Without You
    20. Beautiful Day
    21. One
    22. Love Is Bigger
    I too am good either playing TJT out of order except that TTYW stands out like a sore thumb!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:I still stand by the setlist I posted +2 years ago, with one song per album except TUF that gets 2 (keep in mind that SOE wasn't released by that time, so might as well add Love Is Bigger after EBW):

[..]
    I like it a lot but I think it would end up more like:

1. IWF
    2. Gloria
    3. SBS
    4. Pride

5-15. TJT

16. Desire
    17. One
    18. Stay
    19. SATS
    20. BDay
    21. Vertigo

22. Magnificent
    23. EBW
    22. Love is Bigger...
  10. we are always guaranteed that one crazy song they’ll bring out that they haven’t played in a while, my guess is 40.
  11. Originally posted by marik:Anyone remember the other JT30 setlist ideas that Willie Williams actually put on record back in 2017? (besides that Ordinary Love sing-along) I think he spoke of 1-2 other setlist arrangement suggestions that they never went with. I think one was about opening with Streets... and the other one possibly was about playing JT not in sequential order...?

1-11. Full JT album
    12. Angel of Harlem
    14. Desire
    15. All I Want is You
    16. Pride
    -encore-
    17.Sunday Bloody Sunday
    18. Vertigo
    19. Beautiful Day
    20. One
    21. Love Is Bigger
    22. Bad/IWF

Non-Sequential JT:
    1. IWF/Out of Control
    2. Elevation
    3. In God's Country
    4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    5. One Tree Hill
    6. I Still Havent Found
    7. Bad
    8. Bullet
    10. Streets
    11. Mothers of the D
    12. Exit
    13. Vertigo
    14. Red Hill Mining
    15. NYD
    16. Pride
    -encore-
    17. Mysterious Ways
    18. Trip Thru Your Wires
    19. With or Without You
    20. Beautiful Day
    21. One
    22. Love Is Bigger
    Unlikely, Edge said they would probably never open with Streets again. He said the show needs to build to Streets. I don't necessarily agree, and artists can change their minds obviously, but I think it is very unlikely given those remarks and the JT 2017 setlists.