Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Full band best thing should never be played again. Remember that night when the guitar was just playing itself? Hahaha ooops
  2. Originally posted by hello123:Full band best thing should never be played again. Remember that night when the guitar was just playing itself? Hahaha ooops
    Wait WHAT
  3. Yeah Edge never actually played the solo live it was just pre recorded while he sang the ‘i can see it all so clearly’ bit. I have to admit I will usually defend the band with bits being played over the PA but not when the lead guitarist stops playing guitar to sing, that’s not cool.
    Evidence

4. In the bin and now set on fire.
  5. ok, watching it- its not that bad.
    i was imagining the entire bridge section.... but he does play those full chord changes. it's just a small section, literally 5sec worth. I'm not that bothered by it. Terry probably inputs alot more that we dont we even realize. Wasnt there a riff from Invisible he doesnt play?
  6. See..if it's "Ali love fest" version versus full-band, go full-band...or better yet, ditch that song and dust off something that hasn't been played in the last three tours
  7. You don’t need YouTube just listen to the Paris dvd version where Edge is strumming the chords and they edited out the solo then listen to any other version from the tour, even the non edited version from the same show.

Here’s some examples about 2.52ish on each.

8. If only the B-man could still play guitar... might limit the times that this happens even though they are few and far between it seems. Would be good to have some filler chords from Bono now and then to free up the edge
  9. Originally posted by colbourne25:If only the B-man could still play guitar... might limit the times that this happens even though they are few and far between it seems. Would be good to have some filler chords from Bono now and then to free up the edge
    I don’t think Bono being able to play guitar would have made a difference in the examples of best thing and invisible. Edge should have been playing the solo parts live, if anything it would have been better having Edge’s vocals pre recorded for best thing and the strumming part pre recorded for invisible rather than the solo parts.