Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by colbourne25:I know this won't happen but would be cool if they did, If they played the album version of Streets... actually while on the subject, have they ever played it like the album version?
    What do you mean exactly with "like the album version"? If you refer to singing the final verse ("Our love turns to rust, we're beaten and blown by the wind, blown by the wind") instead of "Love, love, love" or "Oh, oh, oh" or whatever he's been singing for decades... Well, very few times. Dublin '87 springs to mind.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    What do you mean exactly with "like the album version"? If you refer to singing the final verse ("Our love turns to rust, we're beaten and blown by the wind, blown by the wind") instead of "Love, love, love" or "Oh, oh, oh" or whatever he's been singing for decades... Well, very few times. Dublin '87 springs to mind.
    That's exactly what I'm referring to...

Hmm, I might have to look it up
  3. As much as I want to see out of control open these shows, the stadium going dark and Larry walking out to his kit and belting the opening to Gloria would be something
  4. As much as I want to see out of control open these shows, the stadium going dark and Larry walking out to his kit and belting the opening to Gloria would be something
  5. It would be better than SBS.
  6. I actually think SBS is a fantastic opening song and I hope they keep it for this tour as the opener. Ideally the opening song needs to hype up the crowd and set the scene for the rest of the show, therefore it needs to be a song that is well known to the crowd. I doubt most of the 50,000 people at a JT stadium tour concert knows/are super familiar with Gloria so the response to it would be far more muted than SBS. SBS is one of U2's biggest and best songs making it a good choice to open the show.
  7. I liked the original plan of A Sort of Homecoming as opener.

Maybe not so much the weird LCD Soundsystem opener track.
  8. Still remember the wow feeling on that first night in Vancouver when they started with SBS and NYD. Knowing the full JT was to come, I thought it was a bold statement to start off with two massive songs and wouldn't mind if they retained that part. MLK however really dropped the tempo too early. I'm hoping that Bad holds its spot this time around.
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:I liked the original plan of A Sort of Homecoming as opener.

Maybe not so much the weird LCD Soundsystem opener track.
    Did they really plan to open with ASOH?
  10. Maybe they just fell out of love with the track. There would be plenty of hype associated with playing a song of that stature but most fans will agree it fell flat.
  11. First couple rehearsal days had ASOH as the opener and them walking on with the synth track playing.
  12. That sounds like it would have been amazing, probably wouldn’t have went down as well for the majority of fans as SBS did but would have been a bolder move and personally one I would have preferred. I think ASOH is a better song tbh but SBS was good, I won’t complain if it opens the shows again this year.