Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15

1. How many days?

2. Personally, I thought Miss Sarajevo was bloated and dreary;, the poorest version by far; but Little Things was a great way to finish.
  3. Miss Sarajevo 17 was fairly powerful. However, 50% of the song was wrapped up in the U2 social agenda which was fairly strong during that tour.
  4. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

Personally, I thought Miss Sarajevo was bloated and dreary;, the poorest version by far; but Little Things was a great way to finish.
    I guess Little Things would be an alright way to finish now that we're all familiar with the song... finishing with MS and a song I wasn't the slightest bit familiar with would leave me disappointed for sure.
  5. Maybe they will play Little Things on JT19 just to smash all of our pre-concieved notions.
  6. I would love it if they played Little Things but I don't want it to be the closing song. Many of the causal U2 fans wouldn't really be familiar with it, so it would be much better if they finished the show with One.
  7. All U2 fan know Little Things by now. It would be a great closure.
  8. All fans on this forum know Little Things by now but not all U2 fans who will be attending the stadium shows. There will be many people like my parents who are attending who love The Joshua Tree and older U2 songs but wouldn't be able to name a song from their recent albums. Also remember that SoE didn't hit No. 1 on the Australian charts and Little Things (or any song from SoE for that matter) wasn't a smash hit in the region.

I think it is easy to forget when you are on this forum that we are essentially the U2 superfans who know all of their songs. I would say that a large majority of the 50,000 or so people who will be attending each of the stadium shows in NZ/Aus/Asia will not be like us, but rather they will be casual fans who would only really know JT and the other big U2 hits.
  9. Originally posted by JRoz:[..]
    All fans on this forum know Little Things by now but not all U2 fans who will be attending the stadium shows. There will be many people like my parents who are attending who love The Joshua Tree and older U2 songs but wouldn't be able to name a song from their recent albums. Also remember that SoE didn't hit No. 1 on the Australian charts and Little Things (or any song from SoE for that matter) wasn't a smash hit in the region.

I think it is easy to forget when you are on this forum that we are essentially the U2 superfans who know all of their songs. I would say that a large majority of the 50,000 or so people who will be attending each of the stadium shows in NZ/Aus/Asia will not be like us, but rather they will be casual fans who would only really know JT and the other big U2 hits.
    Exactly right. SOE was essentially a flop here in Australia. I honestly think the last 3 albums are going to be completely snubbed in the upcoming tour unless they extend the length of the sets from 22-23 songs to 25-26 songs which I highly doubt will happen. If they stick to the same set length as JT17 the only song that could potentially be played is Love Is Bigger imo.
  10. Reminds me of Vertigo in 2006 when they played Party Girl. 10% of us went "yeah!" and 90% said "huh?"
  11. Haha I had an extremely similar experience when I saw Coldplay live in Melbourne. Chris Martin announced they were going to play Green Eyes live and I cheered extremely loudly while everyone else in GA simply gave the announcement a polite clap!
  12. Originally posted by JRoz:[..]
    Haha I had an extremely similar experience when I saw Coldplay live in Melbourne. Chris Martin announced they were going to play Green Eyes live and I cheered extremely loudly while everyone else in GA simply gave the announcement a polite clap!
    Wow really?! Green Eyes is one of their best tunes imo.

Anyways, back to the setlist discussion. My one big hope is that they drop the Pride transition into Streets... makes me cringe when I listen to any JT17 bootlegs and it takes so much away from the Streets intro. It worked on Vertigo, didn't work on JT17