Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Fair enough if you don’t like it but it would still be a great closer in general, it’s proved itself to be a success live. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to hear 40 as well. Love is bigger followed by 40 would be a great closing duo but that’s just wishful thinking on my part.
    I think they're probably done pushing Love Is Bigger...safe money is with One. 40 would be sweet, but... Thankfully it won't be ISHFWILF
  2. Bring back Kite - Vertigo Tour style!

Could Beautiful Day work as a closer?
  3. I think the best version of Little Things is that “Spotify Singles” version, where they play it live in a studio. So much passion from all 4 members, much better than album version. My only complaint is that it ends.
  4. Point being they nailed the live version of LT, so it wasn’t anything wrong with their performance. Casual crowds are usually meh on new songs anyway, and for U2 to play one last, and have it start off slow, would be a cue for your average Joe to head for the exit.
  5. Kite Vertigo version was really great!
    BD would be boring closer...
  6. Originally posted by podiumboy:Point being they nailed the live version of LT, so it wasn’t anything wrong with their performance. Casual crowds are usually meh on new songs anyway, and for U2 to play one last, and have it start off slow, would be a cue for your average Joe to head for the exit.

That's the problem with an established band most just wanna hear the classics especially playing a stadium where you get a lot of casual fans who only know TJT and AB and a few other hits and with this JT tour they are playing to a lot of older people who probably went off U2 after the 80s, they preferred the earnest flag waving Bono era to the leather clad fly shades.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Fair enough if you don’t like it but it would still be a great closer in general, it’s proved itself to be a success live. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to hear 40 as well. Love is bigger followed by 40 would be a great closing duo but that’s just wishful thinking on my part.
    Yeah, I think Love is Bigger was great live. Not my favourite song off SoE, but live it was brilliant & got a great reaction down on the floor at the shows I saw.
  8. Which is exceptional by itself because most of the audience don't care for anything post-Vertigo!
  9. SBS
    NYD
    Bad
    Pride

TJT

Angel of Harlem (B-Stage)
    All I Want is you (B-Stage)
    (segue)
    Beautiful Day (main stage)
    Vertigo
    Elevation
    Who's gonna ride your wild horses
    Love Is Bigger
  10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    New Years Day (EI remix)
    Bad

The Joshua Tree

(It would be really cool to have some sort of imagery of literally chopping down the Joshua Tree or a Zoo Baby into to segue into:)

The Fly
    Mysterious Ways (with slide solo)

Then figure 5 more songs to make a save 22 song set. If they’re literally doing a hits tour I’d vote Vertigo, Angel of Harlem, Beautiful Day, One, Desire. I’m tired of BD and One, but unfortunately you can expect it.

What I hope they do is use 5 songs from the SOI/SOE. Miracle, Every Breaking Wave (promo tour version), Best Thing (full band), The Blackout, and Love Is Bigger.

There’s a way to make it a greatest hits tour without making it boring. If the encore is upbeat with one or two slow songs out of 5 or 6, then it’s not bad at all. Every song I listed was a single.