1. I will feature some of these fantastic shows on the U2Start front page in the coming weeks (one show at a time)
  2. My TOP 13 (can't decide which 3 of them ommit to make it top 10)
    1980-02-26 - Dublin, Ireland - National Stadium
    1982-12-06 - London, England - Hammersmith Palais
    1983-06-05 - Denver, Colorado - Red Rocks Ampitheater
    1985-04-15 - East Rutherford, New Jersey - Brenden Byrne Arena
    1987-04-29 - Rosemont, Illinois - Rosemont Horizon
    1989-12-31 - Dublin, Ireland - Point Depot
    1993-08-28 - Dublin, Ireland - R.D.S. Arena
    1997-09-23 - Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Kosevo Stadium
    1998-02-11 - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional
    2000-12-05 - New York, New York - Irving Plaza
    2001-10-10 - South Bend, Indiana - Joyce Center
    2010-09-18 - Paris, France - Stade de France
    2015-09-13 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Ziggo Dome
  3. Originally posted by Alvin:My TOP 13 (can't decide which 3 of them ommit to make it top 10)
    1980-02-26 - Dublin, Ireland - National Stadium
    1982-12-06 - London, England - Hammersmith Palais
    1983-06-05 - Denver, Colorado - Red Rocks Ampitheater
    1985-04-15 - East Rutherford, New Jersey - Brenden Byrne Arena
    1987-04-29 - Rosemont, Illinois - Rosemont Horizon
    1989-12-31 - Dublin, Ireland - Point Depot
    1993-08-28 - Dublin, Ireland - R.D.S. Arena
    1997-09-23 - Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Kosevo Stadium
    1998-02-11 - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional
    2000-12-05 - New York, New York - Irving Plaza
    2001-10-10 - South Bend, Indiana - Joyce Center
    2010-09-18 - Paris, France - Stade de France
    2015-09-13 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Ziggo Dome
    Irving Plaza was the last show cut from my first ten shows, excluding (most of) the classics that had already been mentioned. Underrated and under appreciated.
  4. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    Irving Plaza was the last show cut from my first ten shows, excluding (most of) the classics that had already been mentioned. Underrated and under appreciated.
    Not under rated by me

The "like landing a 747 on your front lawn..." is just epic Bono talk!

And their version of "Won't Get Fooled Again" really deserved some more outings...
  5. It would have been nice to see them having fun and mixing it up like that more throughout their careers. And this show has one of my personal top performances of one and probably the best ground beneath her feet I can think of.

Thinking about it now from where we are in 2019, Irving plaza is probably right now, as close to the middle point of their career as you can be
  6. Every recording is a documentary of their career and worth a listen!
  7. I can't disagree with many of the lists posted already, but since this topic has been discussed a thousand times let's bring up the eternal question when ellaborating such lists:

do you want a list of
    -the best sounding recordings?
    -the greatest performances/shows?
    -our personal favorite bootlegs?
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:I can't disagree with many of the lists posted already, but since this topic has been discussed a thousand times let's bring up the eternal question when ellaborating such lists:

do you want a list of
    -the best sounding recordings?
    -the greatest performances/shows?
    -our personal favorite bootlegs?
    Yeah. But I think the "must have" concert recordings should tick at least the first two boxes.
    The third is where the personal top five/ten comes in
  9. 2001-05-16 Chicago is one of the most fun shows they've ever played

The ZooTV themed opening of the show catches everyone completely by surprise. Then they use Until the End of the World to close the loop, and bring the show back to the strong Elevation Tour setlist. A great rare (at the time) performance of Sweetest Thing is included, as well as an acoustic ISHFWILF (tour debut).

The show really just never lets off the gas and is one of their most perfect evenings.
  10. Originally posted by MattG:2001-05-16 Chicago is one of the most fun shows they've ever played

The ZooTV themed opening of the show catches everyone completely by surprise. Then they use Until the End of the World to close the loop, and bring the show back to the strong Elevation Tour setlist. A great rare (at the time) performance of Sweetest Thing is included, as well as an acoustic ISHFWILF (tour debut).

The show really just never lets off the gas and is one of their most perfect evenings.
    I attended all 4 of the first leg Chicago shows and this was a good show just for the setlist guessing when you were there. But I thought the show the night before on the 15th was the best of the Chicago Elevation shows and one of the better performances I have ever seen from the band. There is a very good ALD recording of it also.
  11. Got a weak for these shows:

1981-05-15 - San Francisco ( light went out )
    1983-05-30 - Devore ( Bono climbs on the roof of the stage )
    1989-12-31 - Dublin ( new years eve concert )
    1993-05-10 - Rotterdam ( funny telephone call with Monique )
    2001-11-18 - Las Vegas ( People Get Ready with fan )
    2005-07-16 - Amsterdam ( Miss Sarajevo )
    2009-07-02 - Barcelona ( I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight )
    2015-11-03 - London ( the girl from brighton )
    2017-07-18 - Barcelona ( the only U2 show i saw sofar in this beautiful city )
    2018-06-26 - New York ( the car bomb goes off before sunday bloody sunday )
  12. Originally posted by dylbagz:It would have been nice to see them having fun and mixing it up like that more throughout their careers. And this show has one of my personal top performances of one and probably the best ground beneath her feet I can think of.

Thinking about it now from where we are in 2019, Irving plaza is probably right now, as close to the middle point of their career as you can be
    So being a weirdo like I am, thus made me want to see where the halfway point is in U2’s career currently.

If we use September 25, 1976 as the starting date, the halfway point is January 21st, 1998! So just before the South American shows for Popmart. There’s your useless fact for today!