1. I didn't see a topic for this song. Really a rare gem and underrated song. What are your thoughts on it? Also, was it ever played live? The dates it said when it was played had a different song title and it wasn't the right one. I know they played it twice on TV though. Here's the song if you haven't heard it yet!

2. I really like it, always habe. A fine song by four very young men.
  3. 1980-02-26: National Stadium - Dublin
    Isn't it on this show?

4. It says it called The Magic Carpet.
  5. Yeah, it's variously been called The Magic Carpet, Lost On a Silent Planet, Judith, and probably other titles through the years. I believe Edge called it Life On a Distant Planet in U2 By U2 so I guess that's the 'official title'.

Actually, this is one of my favourite U2 songs. There's nothing else like this in their discography and I kind of think that's a shame. On the whole, I'm happy with it as a little oddity from way back when, but my God... they released mediocre, poor-vocal-take Another Day as a single instead of this weird, rather ominous, open-ended number with that heavy bass and Bono playing with a lot of vocal approaches? People on here often talk about U2 choosing the wrong songs to be singles, and I'll go ahead and say that this was the first and still among the most glaring instances....
  6. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Yeah, it's variously been called The Magic Carpet, Lost On a Silent Planet, Judith, and probably other titles through the years. I believe Edge called it Life On a Distant Planet in U2 By U2 so I guess that's the 'official title'.

Actually, this is one of my favourite U2 songs. There's nothing else like this in their discography and I kind of think that's a shame. On the whole, I'm happy with it as a little oddity from way back when, but my God... they released mediocre, poor-vocal-take Another Day as a single instead of this weird, rather ominous, open-ended number with that heavy bass and Bono playing with a lot of vocal approaches? People on here often talk about U2 choosing the wrong songs to be singles, and I'll go ahead and say that this was the first and still among the most glaring instances....
    Totally agree with your post.

This song is a true gem!! And hey, my wife's name is Judith! How can I not like this song?

Isn''t there an early videoclip of this song with Bono wearing purple gloves?
  7. Originally posted by sleus:[..]
    Totally agree with your post.

This song is a true gem!! And hey, my wife's name is Judith! How can I not like this song?

Isn''t there an early videoclip of this song with Bono wearing purple gloves?
    You mean this one:

I have to laugh when I watch this... well, they other play their instruments, but Bono