1. Point was not that they (obviously) clean, speed up, edit, shorten, … their (official) performances.

Who doesn’t (Pearl Jam perhaps) & who cares anyway? Chicago 2005 showcased even 2 gigs & I still prefer my own ‘Spanish Eyes’ speed-mix on my own tape ‘1988 - U2 – speed recordings’ above the original : = )).

Some edits were however awful (Electric Co without Bring Clowns on Under A Blood Red Sky … praise the existing “Australian version”, to hell with copyrights :=)).

But the rectification 13 (or 30) to 11 (without any doubt in respect to all involved), is, for me, something else … Probably Bono recorded his intro afterwards …

Nevertheless, how cleaned up, edited, mixed, …. I still prefer the imperfect, raw, honest version of SBS on Werchter 1983 (never saw footage), the non-polished performances @ US Festival 1983, Lorelei, Dortmund 1984, Live Aid, Freddy Mercury 1992, Brit Awards 1991, WOWY @ BBC 2017 & many, many others. Maybe this has something to do with … age & nostalgy.

However, glad to read that I’m not the only one who’s into silly details : = )).
  2. I really noticed the audio cleaning on Angel of Harlem on my R&H Blu Ray.
  3. At the beginning.