2019-11-08 - Auckland
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1

1. Obligatory photo to prove I was there. Once again, thanks Remy for this site. Great job.
  2. Originally posted by mrgunter:Tonight’s concert was way better. The crowd was less up tight and up for a party. Bono got the sense of that from early on (Edge almost falling over during NYD caused a bit of a giggle within the band).
    It was a terrific time. I sat next to some great fans from NZ and Aussie.
    Awesome, really was time you guys had some U2 love again!
  3. Back from the show and just caught up on the commentary here as it unfolded. Very different show personally sitting way up the back but I'd encourage others to consider it because you really get to appreciate Anton's luscious visuals.

A great show and Larry certainly seems to have come to life on this leg. Both band and audience were in the mood to party. Even at the back we stood and danced to a few songs.

I felt there were a few minor stumbles tonight, most of which have been mentioned. Most humorous for me was Bono fluffing RHMT with "reach so low, to stoop so high" as he made the same error in Vancouver.

A fabulous start. I'm skipping Brisbane but can't wait for show #4 in Melbourne on Friday.
  4. Brilliant show tonight, higher octane than Friday for both band and crowd. The energy was amazing, Some serious work has been done by edge to craft the sounds, he is so much more than a guitarist. it’s easy to forget they are the best band from the north side of Dublin! Right let’s get over to Brisbane tomorrow.
  5. I haven't seen Larry do the little drum rolls in the band intros before
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Back from the show and just caught up on the commentary here as it unfolded. Very different show personally sitting way up the back but I'd encourage others to consider it because you really get to appreciate Anton's luscious visuals.

A great show and Larry certainly seems to have come to life on this leg. Both band and audience were in the mood to party. Even at the back we stood and danced to a few songs.

I felt there were a few minor stumbles tonight, most of which have been mentioned. Most humorous for me was Bono fluffing RHMT with "reach so low, to stoop so high" as he made the same error in Vancouver.

A fabulous start. I'm skipping Brisbane but can't wait for show #4 in Melbourne on Friday.
    Yeah I caught Twickenham #2 up in the heavens, and I'm usually an up close and personal guy for the most part, it was quite spectacular.

All these 2019 shows I think will be great, it's a bit less of a slog for them as it's such a short burst of gigs. I'm especially pumped for the new places though, and how they go down and how the audience are, could be rather interesting!
  7. Saw some pictures of Larry from Friday’s show, did he dye his hair?
  8. yeah...got little longish "upstairs " waving

9. Missed the show this morning but found this on YouTube with some of the show. Thought Bono is already starting to sound better, warming into the tour nicely. Two good shows to kick off the tour overall.