2019-11-08 - Auckland
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:The trouble with leaving your home or closest city to see them is that you get kind of addicted and that becomes expensive. It started for me with 1 show in Vancouver for 2017, then 2 shows in London in 2018 and now 2 shows in New Zealand plus 2 more within Australia but not in Sydney. Europe and USA are in the back of my mind for future tours. But then my approach to life these days is it's all about experiences, not possessions.
    If you don’t mind I’m going to steal that ‘all about experiences, not possessions’ reasoning to use on my fiancé lol. Seriously though you couldn’t have said it any better.
  2. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:The trouble with leaving your home or closest city to see them is that you get kind of addicted and that becomes expensive. It started for me with 1 show in Vancouver for 2017, then 2 shows in London in 2018 and now 2 shows in New Zealand plus 2 more within Australia but not in Sydney. Europe and USA are in the back of my mind for future tours. But then my approach to life these days is it's all about experiences, not possessions.
    Completely agree.

I've travelled to gigs across Canada, US, New Zealand and Australia now, and it just adds to the whole experience.

If I had a choice whether to see them back home in Dublin, or somewhere involving travel, I would definitely take the travel option.
  3. Oh don't get me wrong. I saw 4 shows in 2018, 2 in New York and 2 in Dublin, the last Dublin show was one of the best experiences in my life even though I had seen 3 shows that same year that were almost the same.
    Traveling and following them around the world gives me the opportunity to meet new places. New York was a lovely trip, I wouldn't had gone there ever if I wasn't going to see U2.

It's just that I wouldn't be able to convince my boyfriend or myself to go with the expenses of traveling to Asia/Oceania and see the same show this time around. We are not in the same financial situation as we were a year ago (OMG it is exactly one year since the 4th Dublin show)
  4. Best performances that I have personally witnessed from U2 so far
    1) Glasgow
    2) Belfast
    3) Paris

Hopefully Singapore will smash into that top 3
  5. So I take it we were all pretty happy with the attendance of Auckland 2?! Looked packed again to be honest.
  6. Yep! Positive media reviews and lowered ticket prices did the trick.
  7. I think they had a lot of walk up sales on the day too which is cool.

8. Working hard to get my photosets ready. Auckland 1 should be up on the site any hour. Here some highlights from night 2.
  9. Definitely. I think this years setlist is better than in 2017, which overall had a very poor encore (Miss Sarajevo in particular).
  10. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Definitely. I think this years setlist is better than in 2017, which overall had a very poor encore (Miss Sarajevo in particular).
    Sweet Excited for the Melbourne show!