2019-11-08 - Auckland
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1
  1. Sat reading a lot of the media reviews of Friday's show while at the airport and they were consistently positive, even enthusiastic. Did cringe at one who admitted having no idea what the visuals for MOTD was all about.
  2. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Sat reading a lot of the media reviews of Friday's show while at the airport and they were consistently positive, even enthusiastic. Did cringe at one who admitted having no idea what the visuals for MOTD was all about.
    Was this Chris Schulz from Radio NZ? He didn't quite understand a lot of the themes, like Mothers of the Disappeared and the in-between "ranting's" of Bono. Another reviewer mistook the mothers as hooded children. Chris Schulz headed the review with "Frontman's random rant mars an epic night of nostalgia." and thought Bono called himself a "Shaman" (Showman). He also thought Bono mentions Donald Trump several times in he evening. I swear I didn't blink the whole show, but only heard Trump mentioned on the Trackdown: End of the World clip. Got to expect 101 mistakes from journalists.
  3. Agree, he only refereed to America not Trump specifically, however, he did refer to himself in the top hat as both Showman and Shaman
  4. Thanks Stu! A bridge camera, a Sony A6300. Bought a new lens for this tour, a Zeiss 55mm.
  5. great pictures Remy
  6. indeed, amazing pictures !
  7. Thanks both!

Full set now up on the show pages.
  8. Great pics! I'm wondering how you get your camera into the venue?
  9. Yes, that’s interesting- is the security not so strict overseas? Or how did you manage to take your camera in?
  10. Security is generally fine in Europe. Certain venues are stricter than others, with cameras. It's also down to what security guard you get and whether they can be bothered to hassle you.
  11. Security staff at Mt Smart were poorly trained and disinterested to the point of being dangerous. I was behind Larry and not long before the show started someone about 10 people deeper back was unwell and needed medical assistance. A message was passed to the nearest security dude but he was clueless and displayed no sense of urgency. Thankfully help arrived but they need to take their job seriously and not think of it as easy money.