2019-11-08 - Auckland
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1
  1. A lot of y'all were worried that the band was gonna draw a Popmart audience for Auckland 2. Clearly, that wasn't the case. Despite visibly tarped areas and a handful of empty-seat gaps in the stands, it was still a good crowd.
  2. Even for the second show?
  3. But it took them ages to get to that point with the second show.
  4. Looking at pictures I’d say roughly 80% for the 2nd show. People have looked at the same pictures as me and said 85-90% but when you look closely you see empty seats here and there plus there was the areas sectioned off. Still better than a lot of us thought at one point but saying more than 80% is probably exaggerating.
  5. There were noticeable patches of empty seats in some sections at Suncorp Stadium.

So I don't think we should split hairs.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Looking at pictures I’d say roughly 80% for the 2nd show. People have looked at the same pictures as me and said 85-90% but when you look closely you see empty seats here and there plus there was the areas sectioned off. Still better than a lot of us thought at one point but saying more than 80% is probably exaggerating.
    so what's the difference between 80% and over 80%? could be 1 seat right?
  7. Well I don’t see anyone rounding to the nearest tenth of a percentage so no 1 seat wouldn’t really be more than 80% because it wouldn’t even equate to 0.1 of a %.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Well I don’t see anyone rounding to the nearest tenth of a percentage so no 1 seat wouldn’t really be more than 80% because it wouldn’t even equate to 0.1 of a %.
    that's why I said could be... my point was that it's a bit of a useless discussion if you don't have (some of) the actual numbers.. there are so many variables that you just don't know of (GA capacity and actual number of GA's sold for example). GA is a big part of the total capacity, so when GA is sold out 30-40% of the seats have to be empty to get to 80% overall.. you really think that was the case?
  9. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    that's why I said could be... my point was that it's a bit of a useless discussion if you don't have (some of) the actual numbers.. there are so many variables that you just don't know of (GA capacity and actual number of GA's sold for example). GA is a big part of the total capacity, so when GA is sold out 30-40% of the seats have to be empty to get to 80% overall.. you really think that was the case?
    I think 25-30% of seats might not have sold yes. Looking at the areas that were sectioned off and looking closely at little gaps here and there. The stadium apparently has 30k seats none of which looked blocked by the stage (no seats behind the stage) and the maximum capacity for this gig was apparently 40k per show. So 8k empty seats out of 30k I would say yes. They sectioned off areas take up a lot of seats.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think 25-30% of seats might not have sold yes. Looking at the areas that were sectioned off and looking closely at little gaps here and there. The stadium apparently has 30k seats none of which looked blocked by the stage (no seats behind the stage) and the maximum capacity for this gig was apparently 40k per show. So 8k empty seats out of 30k I would say yes. They sectioned off areas take up a lot of seats.
    30.000 seats seems to be maximum capacity with stands behind the stage as well (see picture below). So that would have been significantly lower for this concert (maybe around 25.000??). A pitch with atletics course can easily hold 15.000 people, but probably more toward 20.000.. if you get these numbers (GA/seats ratio) wrong, your estimates will be less accurate.. 8000 empty seats? I doubt it.

11. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    30.000 seats seems to be maximum capacity with stands behind the stage as well (see picture below). So that would have been significantly lower for this concert (maybe around 25.000??). A pitch with atletics course can easily hold 15.000 people, but probably more toward 20.000.. if you get these numbers (GA/seats ratio) wrong, your estimates will be less accurate.. 8000 empty seats? I doubt it.

[image]
    That picture must be from the other side of the stadium. Here is a picture that shows there are no seats at one end. So I’ll stand by my estimate. The combined total attendance of the 2 shows will need to come in at around 72k for that to be proven right, we shall see.