2019-11-08 - Auckland
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That picture must be from the other side of the stadium. Here is a picture that shows there are no seats at one end. So I’ll stand by my estimate. The combined total attendance of the 2 shows will need to come in at around 72k for that to be proven right, we shall see.

yes, it's from the others side of the stadium, but clearly there are people at both ends of the field.. was not the case last week.. last week's concert was not at the maximum capacity configuration... you just copy and paste numbers without doing a bit of research.. when you think capacity is 40.000 with 30.000 seats and 10.000 GA you're clearly starting of with the wrong numbers.. doesn't necessarily mean your estimate can't be right at the end.. but I doubt it, it will depend on the actual number of GA tickets sold I guess..
  2. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

yes, it's from the others side of the stadium, but clearly there are people at both ends of the field.. was not the case last week.. last week's concert was not at the maximum capacity configuration... you just copy and paste numbers without doing a bit of research.. when you think capacity is 40.000 with 30.000 seats and 10.000 GA you're clearly starting of with the wrong numbers.. doesn't necessarily mean your estimate can't be right at the end.. but I doubt it, it will depend on the actual number of GA tickets sold I guess..
    Well I have done research to know what the seating capacity of the venue is and what sort of maximum capacity was being claimed for this show, perhaps overlooking how much the temporary stand that wasn’t present holds. Obviously a lot of it just now is estimations which in nature are not going to be completely accurate but hopefully close to accurate. It doesn’t matter anyway, we’ll only know once figures are published. Maybe I am underestimating the % of the capacity GA accounts for. The gig did well regardless which I’m glad about. I’ll perhaps stay away from these type of discussions in future until we have some solid information. I just like to take an interest in the figures.
  3. I did some research on Mt Smart Stadium. Apparently, temporary seats could be set up on the north side of the stadium.

My guess is that those temporary seats were set up for the 360 shows, but those seats are not usually used for shows that have only a 270 configuration.

Am I correct on this?

4. Nice find..

So the temp. north stand was up for 360, not for Joshua Tree. South stand is a bit confusing as it shows 3 levels for 360 and 2 for Joshua Tree. In the picture above I can only make out 2 levels though.

For 360, the stage was obiously on the field, restricting GA capacity compared to Joshua Tree. Not sure how less seats but more GA space compares in terms of attendance...

5. looks like there were indeed 3 levels, with the bottom one being entirely empty.. it's getting more and more confusing ;) but I think one thing we can be sure of is that the normal stadium, without the additional stands doesn't have 30.000 seats. It's way too small for that.. and indeed, GA capacity was a bit limited for 360 because of the stage...
  6. Originally posted by Ricku2:[YouTube Video]

looks like there were indeed 3 levels, with the bottom one being entirely empty.. it's getting more and more confusing ;) but I think one thing we can be sure of is that the normal stadium, without the additional stands doesn't have 30.000 seats. It's way too small for that.. and indeed, GA capacity was a bit limited for 360 because of the stage...
    The official # for both 360 shows combined was 93,519. I don't think the JT 2019 will get to that number, but somewhere between 70-80K seems reasonable?
  7. Keeping it to facts only (as opposed to my previous estimates) they managed 84475 over the 2 combined vertigo shows. Not sure if that was 2 or 3 levels for the stand directly across from the stage. Similar to this tour though there would have been no seating behind the stage unlike 360.
  8. Checked some other artist's stats at Mount Smart last years for comparison:

- Paul Mccartney - 34,901
    - Foo Fighters - 35,000
    - Adele - +/- 43,000
    - Bruce Springsteen - 33,952
    - Coldplay 2012 - 37,394
    - Colplay 2016 - 39,644
    - Justin Bieber - 35,420
    - Taylor Swift - 35,749

If U2 did +/- 70k for 2 shows they did a good job I think..
  9. Originally posted by melon51:Checked some other artist's stats at Mount Smart last years for comparison:

- Paul Mccartney - 34,901
    - Foo Fighters - 35,000
    - Adele - +/- 43,000
    - Bruce Springsteen - 33,952
    - Coldplay 2012 - 37,394
    - Colplay 2016 - 39,644
    - Justin Bieber - 35,420
    - Taylor Swift - 35,749

If U2 did +/- 70k for 2 shows they did a good job I think..
    Adele managed 130k over 3 shows (2017) and Ed Sheeran over 132k over 3 shows (2018).
  10. I know, so for comparison I devided Adele's number by 3