2019-11-08 - Auckland
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by HBK79:[..]
    I'm glad that the band did stadium shows in Detroit, Minneapolis, and Cleveland for the first time in many years. However, I feel that visiting all those secondary markets was a tad bit excessive.

They could've just tacked on shows in Detroit, Minneapolis, and Cleveland before going on to Europe. That way the band could've went to Latin America in September, journey to the Pacific in October, and finally return to the US for the SOE promo in December. No need to do an extension of the NA leg.
    Again TJT sold millions in the US particularly down south they knew their was a market for it most of those they were playing to probably never bought a U2 record post Rattle &Hum.
  2. Anywayyyyy...back to Auckland haha!

Its slow, but the show is selling! Notice more little grey dots even though they are still outnumbered by the blue. Noticing a lot of advertising online so maybe Live Nation is hoping to shift them without a price drop before showtime.
  3. I've always wanted to see U2 in a small intimate crowd. Maybe this is my chance
  4. Will be just you me and and the band at this point Mike LOL
  5. Doubt that will happen they've 4 months to shift tickets if it was next week you might have had a chance.
  6. Exactly Popmarter..they seemed to be shifting and I was surprised to see that its actually the most expensive tickets that have gone so far!
  7. Be careful what you wish for

I guess there's one positive, if sales aren't a roaring success. Maybe next time - if there is a next time - they'll think large stadiums are a bit of a financial risk, & choose smaller arena sized venues in this part of the world instead.

Just as long as don't say, that wasn't a financial success, let's not go back there
  8. There does seem to be this idea of Stadiums not working for them now but its simply not true! 10 minutes was the sell out time of the first gig so there's your proof.
    Something that hasn't been discussed as much is the need for the 'casual fan' in a stadium environment as opposed to an area. What might be happening potentially is some of the casual fans in NZ going.."Ive seen U2 on Vertigo & 360...i'll give some other band my $$" and go to Metallica or QU(EEN).
  9. I'm the opposite to that but know what you mean. I saw Queen & Adam Lambert on both of their recent arena tours and did enjoy them but when this stadium tour was announced I was like "meh; can't justify a third tour in 4 or 5 years when there is U2 to see". I've also been a bit more picky this year on the bands I see, simply due to the cost and how busy life can get when you have other interests.
  10. Yeah Mike so it's the same thing but in reverse Haha!
  11. I'll be there, you two! :-)
    ...and I'm flying 23.5 hours just for this show (can't make it in time for night1) so as long as they don't cancel it: I'll be happy!
  12. Haha be great to have you! Cant see them cancelling it...lol