2019-11-08 - Auckland
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1
  1. Yeah I know...just sucks a bit..but thats alright, at least I'm going. The stadium is slowly filling up but there are certainly plenty left!
  2. The issue is the for people living out of Auckland there are very few flights up and back for the weekend without having to stay on until Monday or Tuesday. Add in accommodation and food costs then it becomes an expensive exercise.
    Also, unlike a boring Ed Shereen gig, this isn’t a massive family friendly concert.
    It’ll still sell out.
    Same thing happened during 360 a few years back.
  3. What happened during 360 grunter? I actually remember a couple of sections being closed off so you are right.
  4. gunter*

Grunter..lol
  5. Discussion doing the rounds that they will have to close off one entire stand facing the stage and just fill the lower tiers of the stadium for this second show. Terrible if true...
  6. There will definitely be sections closed off for sure at the 2nd show. When sold out, this stadium appears to hold somewhere in the low 40,000 range (according to vertigo tour numbers). I think that by showtime they’ll probably reach 30,000 tickets sold for this show. Not good, but keep in mind that the 2nd show in Brisbane 2010 only sold about 30,000. The result? Their next visit was only 1 show (2019).

They need to seriously slash prices ASAP if they want people there. Even if they all pay half price, I’d have to think it’s always better to have butts in the seats than not.
  7. Yeah I mean 30,000 would be fine for this show..but will they get that?!
  8. Hopefully... I gotta say, this is one of the worst selling U2 shows I’ve ever seen, post Popmart. There were a few slow ones in the US in 2017, but even New Orleans ended up with 35,000 on a weeknight eventually!

I might have posted here before, but I went to the Indianapolis show. I looked at that ticket map everyday, watching all those sections of blue dots, waiting for the price to drop so I could pounce. About a week before the show, several sections went from $150 to $70. I bought 2 tickets in the front row of that section, aisle seats, and it was awesome. It didn’t look good at first, but they sold over 50,000 tickets for that show. Maybe Auckland will have a similar effect, but they have to lower the damned prices!!
  9. Yeah. I imagine it will look a lot better come showtime. We have to remember that there is still three and a half months until the show so thats something. Without doubt there will be sections closed off, but whether it will have to be as dramatic as the whole upper tier around the stadium closed off? I suppose time will tell.
  10. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    I might have posted here before, but I went to the Indianapolis show. I looked at that ticket map everyday, watching all those sections of blue dots, waiting for the price to drop so I could pounce. About a week before the show, several sections went from $150 to $70. I bought 2 tickets in the front row of that section, aisle seats, and it was awesome. It didn’t look good at first, but they sold over 50,000 tickets for that show. Maybe Auckland will have a similar effect, but they have to lower the damned prices!!
    This is already happening for Sydney 2.
    CAT 2 ($265) available in Bay 10, that were previously CAT 1 ($370). CAT 3 ($193) available in Bay 12, that were previously CAT 2 ($265). And the big one, CAT 5 ($62) seats available in Brewongal Stand, which was previously CAT 2 ($265), bargain!
  11. Flexible pricing...
  12. Dave, I just checked and for Cat-5 it suggested two in 311-2 of the Victor Trumper Stand. No mention of sight restriction which, if true, makes them a bargain...if you didn't already have tickets of course.