2019-11-08 - Auckland
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Ticket prices are a big factor especially for the casual fan who would go to a stadium show, a lot of them won't pay the exorbitant prices they charge, Bono should be more focused on dropping the ticket price instead of dropping the debt,we know their production costs for the tour are massive with their big screens lighting and sound system but most people would be happy with just a stripped down production without all the gimmicks.
    It’s true that it would put off the casual fans. All the big bands/artists seem to be doing it now though. I was quite keen on seeing Elton John on his farewell tour, never seen him live before and he’s playing the Hydro in Glasgow but I’m not paying £170 for a ticket. I think the cheaper ones have sold out but tbh I wouldn’t fancy paying £60 for a rubbish seat even if they were available. I’d probably pay around £80 for a good seat but that’s not going to happen.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Are you REALLY saying that dropping U2 tickets prices is more important than dropping the debt on 3rd world countries? Please me it's a joke that I've missed.

3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It’s true that it would put off the casual fans. All the big bands/artists seem to be doing it now though. I was quite keen on seeing Elton John on his farewell tour, never seen him live before and he’s playing the Hydro in Glasgow but I’m not paying £170 for a ticket. I think the cheaper ones have sold out but tbh I wouldn’t fancy paying £60 for a rubbish seat even if they were available. I’d probably pay around £80 for a good seat but that’s not going to happen.
    Prices are getting out of hand .
    I've seen Elton John 3 times in my local town ,in a 5000 capacity venue .
    Standing tickets were 85 euro and I was up at the front .
    He is charging 200 euro for seats on his latest tour ,and most of the seats in the venue are 200 euro ,its insanity.
    His voice is shot too ,said after the last gig I wouldnt go to see him again.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Are you REALLY saying that dropping U2 tickets prices is more important than dropping the debt on 3rd world countries? Please me it's a joke that I've missed.
    Absolutely I've absolutely no interest in his side vanity projects the only thing that matters to me is what U2 do on stage and the music they make.
  5. Side vanity projects... that's funny..well, not really
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Absolutely I've absolutely no interest in his side vanity projects the only thing that matters to me is what U2 do on stage and the music they make.
    I've wrote and subsequently deleted several posts that would be worth a ban

After counting to ten (thousand) I'll just state that this is shameful and embarrasing thinking, specially coming from a fellow U2 fan. Bye.
  7. Have rearranged my flight to Auckland and now get in early afternoon instead of around midnight. 28 days from right now and we''ll be mid-show.
  8. Lots of PR happening in NZ relating to U@ now, competitions for tickets, full page article in the newspaper, A U2 Docu on TV, haven't had buzz around them like this for years
  9. Originally posted by Jamie32nz:Lots of PR happening in NZ relating to U@ now, competitions for tickets, full page article in the newspaper, A U2 Docu on TV, haven't had buzz around them like this for years
    What's the documentary and what channel?
  10. Choice TV - Discussion on U2, was about 10 years old. Ok nothing special
  11. Good documentary, they talk about all the albums up until No Line but they missed out Zooropa for some reason.