2019-11-08 - Auckland
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 0
Videos: 1
  1. By the way, guys, I forgot to mention something.

On the same night as Auckland 2, Shawn Mendes was doing a show at the Spark Arena. When I got back to the CBD, I saw lots of Generation-Z girls wearing Shawn Mendes shirts. LOL

2. 100 days ago the 2019 Joshua Tree tour debuted in Auckland.
  3. 100 days? Bloody hell.
  4. Yes SJ, all that anticipation and it flew past so quickly. On a positive note, we're 100 days closer to the next tour 😊
  5. Auckland 2 was one year ago today! The two Auckland shows were my first time in GA; I don't think I could do seats again!
  6. I agree GA is the best and was there on night one (see pic above) but had a seat at the rear of the stadium for night two because I knew my body wouldn't handle two days in a row. Even though the band were like ants on a stage, it gave a whole different perspective and allowed you to really appreciate Anton's visuals. I did something similar for 360 and it does help to differentiate the shows.
  7. I’m sure seats are fine for the 2 Euros they were going for before the shows in Auckland
  8. As much as I have a warm sense of nostalgia for today being the 2nd anniversary of JT19 kicking off in Auckland, what hits me most is just how rapidly the world changed within weeks of the tour ending and what a miserable time the last 18 months has been for live music. It's encouraging to see some of the other bands I follow starting to tour again and to have my own tickets to gigs next year but there's still so much uncertainty around the ability to schedule global tours. Here's hoping we can continue to get back to something close to normal and see U2 again in the next 2 or 3 years.
  9. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:As much as I have a warm sense of nostalgia for today being the 2nd anniversary of JT19 kicking off in Auckland, what hits me most is just how rapidly the world changed within weeks of the tour ending and what a miserable time the last 18 months has been for live music. It's encouraging to see some of the other bands I follow starting to tour again and to have my own tickets to gigs next year but there's still so much uncertainty around the ability to schedule global tours. Here's hoping we can continue to get back to something close to normal and see U2 again in the next 2 or 3 years.
    I've been positive from the start that it would only be temporary. But now with new restrictions for the majority of Europe, although in some countries more than 85% is fully vaccinated, i'm starting to get my doubts. And that really really really makes me sad
  10. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:As much as I have a warm sense of nostalgia for today being the 2nd anniversary of JT19 kicking off in Auckland, what hits me most is just how rapidly the world changed within weeks of the tour ending and what a miserable time the last 18 months has been for live music. It's encouraging to see some of the other bands I follow starting to tour again and to have my own tickets to gigs next year but there's still so much uncertainty around the ability to schedule global tours. Here's hoping we can continue to get back to something close to normal and see U2 again in the next 2 or 3 years.
    Wow, 2 years and it feels like a century ago... Yeah, I don't think the world changed as much in such a short period of time in history. I'd say U2's was the last major stadium tour that happened before the pandemic?
  11. I just hope they'll come down here at some point in the next 5 years