2019-11-15 - Melbourne
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Of all the stadium shows I've ever been to, it seems unfair there's a fan queue. We're all fans aren't we - so bugger it, turn up 1-2pm - hopefully we should be right. And anyone with an issue - say you weren't aware but it's a general admission queue and that's that. Otherwise, report it.
  2. I get the envy and the angst from local fans that international fans are hogging the rail and securing the best spots, but it's a GA section and you need to put in the effort to be at the front if that's what you really want.

For the previous two tours here I took the day off and started queuing from mid-morning but that still only got me 3-5 people back. I would do that for every show I'm seeing if that were possible but work commitments and my ability to stand still for long periods stops that. Good on you if you can, no matter where you're from.
  3. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I get the envy and the angst from local fans that international fans are hogging the rail and securing the best spots, but it's a GA section and you need to put in the effort to be at the front if that's what you really want.

For the previous two tours here I took the day off and started queuing from mid-morning but that still only got me 3-5 people back. I would do that for every show I'm seeing if that were possible but work commitments and my ability to stand still for long periods stops that. Good on you if you can, no matter where you're from.
    yes, but they're trying to get there with less effort. If you want to queue, you just stay in the queue. if you leave (except for a small break), then your place is gone. That's how a queue works, not just check in 3 or 4 times a day.
  4. Oh, on that part I totally agree. Otherwise GA essentially becomes reserved standing.
  5. Just want to raise a glass to all of you out there like myself who while people are queuing for hours waiting in line we’re in the bar enjoying a few drinks, turn up maybe an hour or so before the show and get to see the same show as the queuers just from a different perspective and have an equally great time (or perhaps better even). Cheers to you all (please take this as the light hearted post it’s meant to be just to lift the gloom of the queuing discussions).
  6. These "superfan" wankers I've seen them on 2 night cities they leave during the encore of night 1 to get back in pole position for night 2 ?! WTF !!! They need psychiatric help. It's an illness .
  7. Originally posted by Timk68:These "superfan" wankers I've seen them on 2 night cities they leave during the encore of night 1 to get back in pole position for night 2 ?! WTF !!! They need psychiatric help. It's an illness .
    I'm pretty sure there were people at Dublin 3 last year that left well before the encore. Just after the e-stage songs.
  8. They don’t need help they’re a lost cause already lol.
  9. Any idea what number the virtual line in Melbourne is up to? Haha
  10. Originally posted by Timk68:These "superfan" wankers I've seen them on 2 night cities they leave during the encore of night 1 to get back in pole position for night 2 ?! WTF !!! They need psychiatric help. It's an illness .

Don't they know the day hasn't passed yet and they have legs to get them there half an hour later back to the queues. I'd laugh if I heard / saw someone doing that.
  11. Originally posted by Timk68:These "superfan" wankers I've seen them on 2 night cities they leave during the encore of night 1 to get back in pole position for night 2 ?! WTF !!! They need psychiatric help. It's an illness .
    Yes they do this all the time. They just annoy the crap out of everyone else!