2019-11-27 - Perth
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. While the Perth stadium is the newest its not the biggest in the country so a second show is a possibility 360 did get two Perth shows. I also secured Syd and Melb tickets and have a bunch of buddies coming over to see the Perth show(s) also.
  2. Originally posted by JRoz:Is anyone here going to travel to Perth or is basically just going to be people like me who already live here?

I come from France with a friend and we will be in Perth on vacation thanks to the concert of U2 in red zone

3. Here is a overview of the ticket categories based on the tickets offered in the Fan Presale (Red) and the LN Presale.
  4. Let me just throw some numbers at you when discussing a 2nd show in Perth.

In 2010, U2 played to 108,000 at the old stadium over 2 nights.

Ed Sheeran did 2 nights at this new Optus Stadium, equaling about 114,000 for both. So if U2 could sell as many tickets now as they could in 2010 in Perth, then a 2nd show would definitely be doable. I don’t know if that’s possible or not, or if they’re even planning that at all. I do know that in 2010 they sold more tickets in Perth than they did in Melbourne and Sydney, where they failed to meet capacity on their 2nd shows. We shall see, just throwing some figures out there to think about.
  5. Still looks of tickets available for Perth after general sale. Second show highly unlikely.
  6. Trying to understand from the map above why Cat-1 is supposedly the best seating. Yes, these seats will be closer than Cat-2 and Cat-3 but some of those seats could be on quite an angle to the screen (121/122 and 139/140). Same with Cat-2 (520/521 and 540-542). To me, the blue dots for Cat-3 (302-309) give a more front-on view, with the only possible issue being some obstruction from light towers. I had a similar side on view in Vancouver and not all of the screen was visible due to the wave in the middle.
  7. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Trying to understand from the map above why Cat-1 is supposedly the best seating. Yes, these seats will be closer than Cat-2 and Cat-3 but some of those seats could be on quite an angle to the screen (121/122 and 139/140). Same with Cat-2 (520/521 and 540-542). To me, the blue dots for Cat-3 (302-309) give a more front-on view, with the only possible issue being some obstruction from light towers. I had a similar side on view in Vancouver and not all of the screen was visible due to the wave in the middle.
    Yeah, I'd notice that with Melbourne, some that are even worse! Cat 1, & even platinum seats ($760) that are totally adjacent to the stage, equivalent to section 138 in the above Perth map. You'd be pissed paying all that money, & not being able to see the screen properly!

Pays to do your research, which most casuals (& even many of us crazies) don't do. Was just talking to a friend who's a casual fan (& has done GA in the past). She just plonked down a couple of hundred bucks, without looking where the seat would be. Certainly could be quite a few seats that are so, so at that price. Especially side-on ones!

Personally, if I was doing seats, I wouldn't mind being a little side-on, just to get closer. For Perth I think sections 138-139 would be horrible, 140 would be so-so, & I think 141-143 would be prime positions.
  8. Will there be a second Perth show? there's a reasonable gap till Singapore
  9. Nope. Still many tickets for sale so that will not happen.

Also, U2 always have two days off at minimum in between cities.

27 Nov = Perth
    28 & 29 = gap
    30 = Singapore

Theoretically they could do a second Perth show on the 26th but given poor sales that won't happen.
  10. This show is about 90% sold (approx 4,000 seats available) so should be packed to the rafters by November. Should also be the biggest audience of the tour.
  11. Hi guys, I'm going to Perth plus Sing 1&2. All GA. Flying from The Netherlands making a vacation of it. Any other Dutchies going?