2019-12-01 - Singapore
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Wow looks amazing
  2. Wow! Very cool and I have heard that the swimming pool on the top is amazing
  3. It’s out of my budget this time but as someone who’s visited London the last couple of tours and got used to the prices there it seems pretty decent value considering it’s top end.
  4. How's second night looking? Just had a look and can still pull GA's and some seating. Guess this will be slower to sell.

Looking forward to first night, have not been able to convince my other half to do the second night yet...
  5. I did look at the Marina sands hotel but the cheapest room was over £300 a night. As I won't be in the hotel that much it's just not justifiable.
    I've gone for somewhere very decent but great value in Clark Quay area. It too has a very nice pool but without those unsurpassed views from marina sands
  6. Originally posted by Timk68:I did look at the Marina sands hotel but the cheapest room was over £300 a night. As I won't be in the hotel that much it's just not justifiable.
    I've gone for somewhere very decent but great value in Clark Quay area. It too has a very nice pool but without those unsurpassed views from marina sands
    Yeah agree it's hard to justify such cost for hotel.

Although views are stunning from the top, was lucky enough to spend a few days in Singapore in Feb and went to the viewing platform.
  7. I'm all sorted for Singapore 2 looking for 2 GA tickets for first night

Any idea, can we expect ticket drops like we had through ticketmaster for E&I shows?

(I'm sure tickets will come up on this site closer to the event for sure they always do)
  8. Originally posted by Spackler:I'm all sorted for Singapore 2 looking for 2 GA tickets for first night

Any idea, can we expect ticket drops like we had through ticketmaster for E&I shows?

(I'm sure tickets will come up on this site closer to the event for sure they always do)
    Of course. Likely in the month and days before.
  9. Do you guys think Live Nation underestimated the band's demand in Singapore by deciding on that half-stadium stage configuration?

Like Coldplay and Ed Sheeran, the band could've easily sold out and filled up one National Stadium show using the usual end-stage configuration.
  10. Originally posted by HBK79:Do you guys think Live Nation underestimated the band's demand in Singapore by deciding on that half-stadium stage configuration?

Like Coldplay and Ed Sheeran, the band could've easily sold out and filled up one National Stadium show using the usual end-stage configuration.
    I have that suspicion too. There’s no way the screen can’t fit the short end of the stadium.
  11. Maybe it was more to do with the maths working out better for 2 nights. Two nights at the higher capacity might have just been pushing it but 2 nights with a lower capacity worked well possibly. There was also the added safety net there that it would be easier to sell out just the 1 show if sales hadn’t gone quite as well and then the 2nd night wouldn’t have been needed. Just speculating though could still be to do with set up and maybe even sound as the venue has had problems with sound in the past although it seems to be getting better or rather the people working on the sound are learning how to work better with it.
  12. I must admit that I did not like that screen on the long side fit that was in Brussels in 2017...it felt less intimate somehow ( but no roof).
    By contrast the Amsterdam Arena(Ajax stadium) used the short end and had a roof, felt intimate BUT the worst sound ever ! (Never again).

..Singapore will be great...hydrate or die!