2019-12-01 - Singapore
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Perhaps somebody said “we’ve done the research, you can sell 80,000 tickets in Singapore”.

So they turn the stage sideways and do 2 nights of 40,000. The other option is just play the normal way 1 night and only sell 50,000 tickets, or play 2 nights the normal way and have the 2nd night have 20,000 empty seats. Who knows, but probably something like that.
  2. Originally posted by Timk68:I did look at the Marina sands hotel but the cheapest room was over £300 a night. As I won't be in the hotel that much it's just not justifiable.
    I've gone for somewhere very decent but great value in Clark Quay area. It too has a very nice pool but without those unsurpassed views from marina sands

It is pricey... great if someone else is paying(on business!) The pool at night is a life experience.

I'm am in Clarke Quay too.
  3. Side on stage means the seats are miles away from the stage especially at the sides . The seating plan / stadium / stage map is quite misleading as the proportions are all wrong .
  4. I think I would prefer this set up if I was getting a seat as long as I got a straight on view. But even the seats at the side are better than what you would have got if they’d had the stage at an end of the pitch and you were at the opposite end or really anywhere in the last 3rd of the pitch so this set up seems preferable from a visual point of view. No seat will be as close as perhaps the nearest the stage could have been with the alternative but no seat will be as far away either and there’s a better straight on view.
  5. Originally posted by Timk68:Side on stage means the seats are miles away from the stage especially at the sides . The seating plan / stadium / stage map is quite misleading as the proportions are all wrong .
    Yeah, the seats on the sides will be miles away, & some will have bad angles (So lots of those CAT 2 seats will be pretty poor). But the configuration will mean the front-on seats will be great. In the usual configuration they'd be over 100m from the main stage, in this layout they should be under 50m. I think the front-on CAT 1 & CAT 3 seats will be great!
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:I think I would prefer this set up if I was getting a seat as long as I got a straight on view. But even the seats at the side are better than what you would have got if they’d had the stage at an end of the pitch and you were at the opposite end or really anywhere in the last 3rd of the pitch so this set up seems preferable from a visual point of view. No seat will be as close as perhaps the nearest the stage could have been with the alternative but no seat will be as far away either and there’s a better straight on view.
    Yeah, I like this configuration too, & think the front-on seats will be brilliant.

But remember the seat plan isn't really to scale. The width of the field in this orientation will be over 140m (100m rugby field & in-goals, plus extra). The screen width is around 60m. So even the side-on seats with the most extreme angles will be over 40m away from the very side of the screen.

I wouldn't want either. But I think I'd take the front-on seats in the usual configuration, that are 100m away. Not the side-on seats, that will be at least 40m further away than usual side-on seats (& even more in the corners). I think these ones are going to be pretty bad.
  7. It really is a poor configuration if it's anything like Brussels 2017. Seats are miles away and the acoustics could be dreadful back there
  8. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    Yeah, I like this configuration too, & think the front-on seats will be brilliant.

But remember the seat plan isn't really to scale. The width of the field in this orientation will be over 140m (100m rugby field & in-goals, plus extra). The screen width is around 60m. So even the side-on seats with the most extreme angles will be over 40m away from the very side of the screen.

[image]
    I wouldn't want either. But I think I'd take the front-on seats in the usual configuration, that are 100m away. Not the side-on seats, that will be at least 40m further away than usual side-on seats (& even more in the corners). I think these ones are going to be pretty bad.
    Hahaha nice photoshop
  9. The other pain is , if you've got a good GA spot it's even more of a nightmare getting out if you need a drink or pit stop and especially getting back . Brussels the food and toilets were out to the sides and then almost behind the stand behind the stage.
  10. I think the issue that Brussels and Singapore share is the size of the stadium in general and the distance the seats are to the pitch in any configuration. I don’t think having the stage at an end would solve that. Maybe someone who attended vertigo in Brussels and JT in Brussels in the seats could compare views or perhaps there’s someone who’s attended shows at the Singapore national stadium with the different configurations and can compare the views, even if it was for different artists?
  11. Brussels (King B stadium formerly known as Heysel) was originally an athletics track so it's not just the football pitch it has a track aswell then the stands kick in. Then the stand was kind of at a 45 degree pitch so the upper tier especially were a major distance away from the stage.
  12. I seen u2 there in 2010 but never had a seat was in GA. A bit different with the scale of the 360 set up, but I do remember when we first walked into the venue it seemed like the seats were back a bit, didn’t pay too much more attention though as there was a huge claw in front of me that was grabbing my attention more. I took a bit of a look at the vertigo (far end) and JT17 (side on) views from Brussels online from pictures and videos as I thought this was a good way to compare, I also checked out some of the Singapore shows from different artists and I still prefer the side on set up overall, both have there advantages and disadvantages but if I had to pick a set up and a view it would be straight on with a side on set up. In conclusion glad I’ve got GA both nights lol.