2019-12-01 - Singapore
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Is the general belief that it shouldn’t be too difficult to get GA in the red Hill presale?
  2. Me too, it's cheaper than I expected.

Significantly cheaper than Japan, which is a little unexpected to me (after comparing a few other acts, to determine where I wanted to travel to).

GA's in Singapore are 137 USD (compared to 183/145 USD in Japan, & 91 USD in Oz).

RZ's in Singapore are 430 USD (compared to 555 USD in Japan, & 380 USD in Oz from memory).

CAT1's in Singapore are 269 USD (compared to 359 USD in Japan, & 259 USD in Oz).

The GA prices in Japan shocked me, double the price of Oz! Meaning I'll only see one show in Japan.
  3. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    Me too, it's cheaper than I expected.

Significantly cheaper than Japan, which is a little unexpected to me (after comparing a few other acts, to determine where I wanted to travel to).

GA's in Singapore are 137 USD (compared to 183/145 USD in Japan, & 91 USD in Oz).

RZ's in Singapore are 430 USD (compared to 555 USD in Japan, & 380 USD in Oz from memory).

CAT1's in Singapore are 269 USD (compared to 359 USD in Japan, & 259 USD in Oz).

The GA prices in Japan shocked me, double the price of Oz! Meaning I'll only see one show in Japan.
    I wonder if they’ve been more confident of still selling well at they prices in Japan based on the band’s previous visits there whereas Singapore is a complete unknown sales wise for u2 specifically.
  4. I'd expect it wouldn't be a problem. They're setting up the stadium to have less capacity in the seats, but the field will be the same size (though it's width means they can't sell quite as many GA's, as you wouldn't be able to see much from the sides). Oz was very easy to get GA's in both the u2.com presales & the Live Nation presales. The fields are bigger in most Aussie venues, but this field in Singapore is still very large.
  5. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    I'd expect it wouldn't be a problem. They're setting up the stadium to have less capacity in the seats, but the field will be the same size (though it's width means they can't sell quite as many GA's, as you wouldn't be able to see much from the sides). Oz was very easy to get GA's in both the u2.com presales & the Live Nation presales. The fields are bigger in most Aussie venues, but this field in Singapore is still very large.
    Cheers, I guess if OZ was easy then Singapore should be too. I always get a little anxious with these things but my ticket buying experience tells me it should be fine, just nice to hear it from someone else too.
  6. Just had another try in the (free) Live Nation presale. Can still pull up 4 x GA's, nearly 24 hours into the presale. That should calm your nerves

So what are you going for? If you're going for seats, careful with CAT 2. Those ones at the sides will have horrible views, as they're far away on a really bad angle, because of the orientation used. Conversely the front-on seats at this show will be closer than the front-on seats at any show. Not much more than 50m away (they'd be well over 100m away in the other orientation).

The best front-on seats in the lower tier are CAT 1, VIP (party & hot seats, which haven't always been in the best spots). But the tiers directly behind then could offer good views, & pretty good value, as long as the sound is good up there. So if I was going seats I'd think about Cat 3 (front-on).
  7. Great looking stadium.
  8. Originally posted by ddarroch:Just had another try in the (free) Live Nation presale. Can still pull up 4 x GA's, nearly 24 hours into the presale. That should calm your nerves

So what are you going for? If you're going for seats, careful with CAT 2. Those ones at the sides will have horrible views, as they're far away on a really bad angle, because of the orientation used. Conversely the front-on seats at this show will be closer than the front-on seats at any show. Not much more than 50m away (they'd be well over 100m away in the other orientation).

The best front-on seats in the lower tier are CAT 1, VIP (party & hot seats, which haven't always been in the best spots). But the tiers directly behind then could offer good views, & pretty good value, as long as the sound is good up there. So if I was going seats I'd think about Cat 3 (front-on).
    I appreciate the attempt to calm the nerves and it has somewhat. GA is my main aim but if you look at the seating map the orange section seems decent price as a back up if you can get one of the straight on views.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I appreciate the attempt to calm the nerves and it has somewhat. GA is my main aim but if you look at the seating map the orange section seems decent price as a back up if you can get one of the straight on views.
    Are you planning to go to Singapore?
  10. Well past the planning stage, I’ve got flights and accommodation booked. If I don’t get a ticket in the early hours of Monday I’ll be sobbing lol.