2019-12-04 - Saitama
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. He did not read your info file...?
  2. Nope.

Anyways, I watched a bit of the Vetri Saitama multicam. I heard counts galore and unbalanced EQ, so it appears he did use the Xavel source. Although I Will Follow sounded VERY harsh, so I suspect he used the SDR scanner recording for some reason. In any case, he didn't use my recording, so maybe he learned a lesson. After 12 times.

The video quality was pretty poor in general though. Lots of over-exposed snowmen playing instruments, choppy framerate, and so on.
  3. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Jacking the audio from your mother.

Who is flying across the world, sneaking in thousands of dollars of gear and headache to run it, and releasing for free. Your mom is awesome.

Just wondering because it's usually horrendous, maybe you should get your momma to increase your pocket money so you can buy better audio equipment.
  4. My audio sounded great. Video is another story, worked much better for my weekend getaway with yo momma.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:Nope.

Anyways, I watched a bit of the Vetri Saitama multicam. I heard counts galore and unbalanced EQ, so it appears he did use the Xavel source. Although I Will Follow sounded VERY harsh, so I suspect he used the SDR scanner recording for some reason. In any case, he didn't use my recording, so maybe he learned a lesson. After 12 times.

The video quality was pretty poor in general though. Lots of over-exposed snowmen playing instruments, choppy framerate, and so on.
    Mate your audio is awesome and you do a great job, and I enjoy listening to some of your tales that I've downloaded, I am well aware of how much effort tapers like you put into your recordings and why you're protective of them, you do a great job - BUT

Do you wanna give it a break and just be grateful that someone has spent the time to put this together - obviously he's limited in what he can get out of it because there are limited audio sources, limited video but it's astounding what can be done nowadays and he's the next best thing after a DVD, there's always gonna be some counts, some click, the video's gonna be a bit shaky but cmon man you do a better job with the source material he's working with, even fetching that much video material from so many people's little snippets that they capture is a behemoth task - either that or just keep quiet and let someone get on with their passion and sharing it with others for free

As a caveat I would add that of course he should get your permission to use your audio, and I reiterate that I'm equally well aware of the time and effort (as well as money) that tapers such as yourself out into your craft and I am equally grateful for that as I am for Paulo doing work like this video

Finally, as I understand it, creative commons as it applies to recordings on this site allows anyone to remix, build on, adapt or use your content which is freely available in any of their productions so long as they credit you and it's non-commercial.... someone please correct me if I'm wrong tho

🙏
  6. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

Just wondering because it's usually horrendous, maybe you should get your momma to increase your pocket money so you can buy better audio equipment.
    Also please stop this pissing contest
  7. Enjoyed every minute
  8. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    Mate your audio is awesome and you do a great job, and I enjoy listening to some of your tales that I've downloaded, I am well aware of how much effort tapers like you put into your recordings and why you're protective of them, you do a great job - BUT

Do you wanna give it a break and just be grateful that someone has spent the time to put this together - obviously he's limited in what he can get out of it because there are limited audio sources, limited video but it's astounding what can be done nowadays and he's the next best thing after a DVD, there's always gonna be some counts, some click, the video's gonna be a bit shaky but cmon man you do a better job with the source material he's working with, even fetching that much video material from so many people's little snippets that they capture is a behemoth task - either that or just keep quiet and let someone get on with their passion and sharing it with others for free

As a caveat I would add that of course he should get your permission to use your audio, and I reiterate that I'm equally well aware of the time and effort (as well as money) that tapers such as yourself out into your craft and I am equally grateful for that as I am for Paulo doing work like this video

Finally, as I understand it, creative commons as it applies to recordings on this site allows anyone to remix, build on, adapt or use your content which is freely available in any of their productions so long as they credit you and it's non-commercial.... someone please correct me if I'm wrong tho

🙏
    I'd hope it would be obvious that the absurd comments about @popmarter's mother are in jest, and I didn't take his comments very serious.

Anyhoo, in regards Vetri, I generally throw shade because of past history. History that includes misaligned video, poor quality, using audio/video without permission, lies about sources, and gloryhounding. In this particular case, he doesn't appear to have used my sources so I don't have a personal claim against him. However, I do think his quality measures are poor, and he will just take any/all YouTube sources, and not very high quality. I know folks that do a lot higher quality work because they have higher standards. Vetri's standards appear mediocre at most. So anyways, I can certainly comment about what I think are poor quality standards, just as you can ignore/disagree.

If Vetri had exercised better quality standards in the past, then I think more tapers (including myself) would be willing to contribute. So it's a vicious cycle; he produces poor material and burns bridges, therefore folks producing higher quality stuff don't want to work with him.

Of course, most folks are happy with his stuff, so he'll certainly get the kudos he's looking for.
  9. Why are you fighting like this now?
  10. I'm loving it
  11. I think if we are illegally recording shows, we can’t be that upset if someone illegally uses those recordings.. if you bootleg a movie, and share it. Then someone edits it, you’re both using something that isn’t yours. Is there a pirate code I missed? No one is sending Edge memos asking if it’s OK to record their monitor feeds, so asking the person who recorded those feeds for permission .. 🤔
  12. Originally posted by justinpushplay:I think if we are illegally recording shows, we can’t be that upset if someone illegally uses those recordings.. if you bootleg a movie, and share it. Then someone edits it, you’re both using something that isn’t yours. Is there a pirate code I missed? No one is sending Edge memos asking if it’s OK to record their monitor feeds, so asking the person who recorded those feeds for permission .. 🤔
    And that's exactly the logic he uses to justify what he does when people complain about him using their material. The Saitama video is already picking up comments from people who didn't want their video used, and told him they didn't want their video used, yet he used it anyway.