2019-12-08 - Seoul
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. I see the Variax 700 made an appearance in Seoul!
  2. So, waiting for my flight to China on Seoul airport. Some time to write down my experiences about my first u2 gig outside Europe. Was it special? Yes you can say fhat.
    After exploring downtown Seoul in the morning I arrived at the venue around 3 pm. Picked up my ticket, well organized. Maybe eat and drink something before entering the que? No I will get something inside. Big mistake! Admission time was 4.30, so less than 1 hour waiting, no problem. I had a standing R ticket, number 8325 so they guid me to the bottomfloor of the parkinglot. Everywhere staff to help you. They prepared lines of 250 people each and tried to get them in order also. Korean are used to listen I think because it went with a lot of decipline. Finally 1 hour later as planned admision started, just 1.5 our before show should start. Because of cold weather everybody weared winter coats, heads etc but inside nothing to put them, so keep them around your waste. I was littlebit left from the stage, +/- 10m of the barier with the S section. And still a lot of people had to enter, really packed. My feeling to packed? Also nothing to drink or eat inside? When starting time, 7pm, passed quit some koreans around me get nervous and pointed to there watches lol. For sure they are not used to a somewhat delayed start. Around 7.25 the show began and Ihave to admitt, I really enjoyed it. There was a lot of energy in the crowd, at least around me. They sang and danced a long with all the popular songs. They really were proud to see the band. The sound was not at his best. Specially UV was horrible. I had exactly the same experience in Amsterdam 2017. For me personally a pity they did not play Bad, my all time favorite. Overall a fantastic experience.

3. the mad floor situation seen from the seats .... only one way in and people stayed hanging around the tree which created a very dangerous situation, loads of people getting pulled out by security
  4. We were on the rail at the top of the tree - still can’t believe that - but we never felt so much as a push even when the band came on. The crowd seemed really calm.

Getting out was a bit mad though.

What a night. Was it real!?
  5. When I walked of the GA floor after the show I said to myself, wow if something was happened here tonight it would have been a big disaster. Durjng the show I have not realized that. Around 10000, R+S included even more, people had to leave the GA area through 1 door of maybe 3-4 meters wide. Maybe there was 1 door more on the other side but still it was a very dangerous situation. Finally we get out via the seats area.
  6. Did Bono mention anything about the rash of K Pop stars who have passed on suddenly?
  7. Sulli was on the screen during UV.
  8. She bangs the drums!
  9. We were at Starbucks bear our Seoul hotel on Monday morning, the same one where we met Dallas the other day. We were buying a souvenir Seoul coffee mug and had a coupon for a free drink. We couldn’t use it as we were heading to the airport, so we offered it to a man in front of us. We started chatting and he asked what we were doing in Seoul, and we said that we’d just seen U2 in Tokyo and Seoul. He paused and said that he worked for Larry. What??? Of course he was Larry’s head drum guy who we stood right next to along the rail for Tokyo 2. We had a nice visit, he asked us what we thought of the Seoul show, how he thought the boys really played well that night, and we both laughed about the technical issues with The Whole of the Moon intro. I shared how incredible it was to be on the RZ floor surrounded by Korean fans who were clearly just loving their long-awaited concert, and that several around me had tears streaming down their faces throughout the night. I told him it was a super emotional show from where I was. Another cool Starbucks moment.
  10. Originally posted by ballardmama:We were at Starbucks bear our Seoul hotel on Monday morning, the same one where we met Dallas the other day. We were buying a souvenir Seoul coffee mug and had a coupon for a free drink. We couldn’t use it as we were heading to the airport, so we offered it to a man in front of us. We started chatting and he asked what we were doing in Seoul, and we said that we’d just seen U2 in Tokyo and Seoul. He paused and said that he worked for Larry. What??? Of course he was Larry’s head drum guy who we stood right next to along the rail for Tokyo 2. We had a nice visit, he asked us what we thought of the Seoul show, how he thought the boys really played well that night, and we both laughed about the technical issues with The Whole of the Moon intro. I shared how incredible it was to be on the RZ floor surrounded by Korean fans who were clearly just loving their long-awaited concert, and that several around me had tears streaming down their faces throughout the night. I told him it was a super emotional show from where I was. Another cool Starbucks moment.
    Was it Sam the drum tech?

https://u2start.com/photos/view/7633/Sam-OSullivan-in-Frankfurt/