2019-12-08 - Seoul
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by Ricku2:I'm quite sure there are many recordings on u2start as well that do not meet the taperrules (mainly the 'do not encode to lossy format' rule). It's not as bad as when this site started out, when they couldn't care less about taperswishes, but it's still not how it should be.
    That doesn't have anything to do with the discussion, but anyway I have a proposal for you: if (when) you identify a recording that shouldn't be shared in lossy format due to the info file asking not to, or any other infringement of taper wishes, please report it to us or to me via PM and we'll take it down and only offer lossless. You have my word.
  2. well, knowing the u2start history (and also present) just puts this conversation in a bit of a different perspective, so it's certainly relevant to the discussion. No, I'm not going to help you correcting all the (back then deliberate) mistakes. I already sent Remy a pm on the subject 10 years ago, but it didn't feel like there was much urge to change the policy too much. Now at least the value of respecting taper wishes is acknowledged, so maybe time to practise what you're preaching and clean up the database and get rid off all the deliberate offenses of taper or (re)master wishes. I checked a couple of shows and the lossy recordings that shouldn't be there are all over the place. Looking at the description and lineage you clearly got the info files, but just ignored the 'do not encode to mp3/lossy format'. You need to check the original textfiles again to detect them.
    Just to be clear; personally I'm not against sharing in lossy format and never made any taper wishes on my own recordings. But I was just a temporary, lazy (and lousy) taper, many other tapres take it way more serious and spent lots of money on it so the only thing you can do is take them serious as well. Not only Hoserama, but all tapers of the past and present.
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2: I already sent Remy a pm on the subject 10 years ago, but it didn't feel like there was much urge to change the policy too much.
    10 years ago is not today. Today, if you identify one, two or a thousand recordings that should be erased or changed, we'll just do it.
  4. Facebook just reminded me that today 2 years ago, we booked our hotel in Seoul. Great memories coming back 😃