1. Check this out guys đŸ˜‰

So bouncing around twitter as you do and i see this name pop up in my feed 'Damien Martyn' - who was one of Australia's top One Day and Test Cricketers in the early 90s till early 2000s - as he has just tweeted that he was excited to see the band this coming NOV.

Now to set this up ..

For those Aussies that followed the cricket and even those that dont but have seen ZOO TV LIVE FROM SYDNEY , well just before the band rip into EBTTRT Bono does channel flicking thang and stops at a reply of an Australian One Day game from that week that featured none other than Damien Martyn running around the boundary to try and take a speculator catch ( he dropped it but it was a tough chance ) to HUGE applause within the stadium at the unique bit of aussie TV thats Bono seemed intrigued by. Bono then mutters something about " balls and bats and poncey shoes" and queue that famous riff and intro.

I was always curious for all these years if he had known that he featured on the DVD and if he was a fan.

Well after seeing Damiens tweet I replied to his tweet letting him know that he was indeed featured on the ZOO TV DVD, and got a reply along the lines of " yes but no one believes me .. hahaha"

So he is a massive fan and we exchanged pleasantries wishing each other a great time at the upcoming concerts.

Just thought that was a cool little story and one that settled my curiosity after all these years!

Heres the screen grabs !!

[image]

[image]
  2. ...mods please delete this reply...
  3. ...mods please delete this reply...
  4. Cool Story! Thanks!