1. Just noticed on atU2.com that Matt McGee has moved on to other things. For anyone who has U2: A Diary, we should be thankful for his efforts. I liked my own personal shout-out from 06/25/05 Mostly though, I love his sign-off

Be good to each other. Love and respect U2, but don't worship them. Cherish every moment that U2 is still around. Bands aren't supposed to survive as long as this one has. It's going to come to an end someday, and when that happens you're not going to be angry that you heard "Pride" live one too many times; you'll wish you could hear it live one more time. Be grateful for the goosebumps they've given you over the years, their ability to lift you up when you're down, and all those moments of pure joy when the adrenaline shoots through your body and you feel like you're about to leave the ground.

I added the underline and bolt part, because he's so very right. Cheers Matt.
  2. Its a good one to remember indeed. Let's enjoy the One's and Pride's as much as all the other things that U2 will throw at us
  3. Who?
  4. Shame to see Matt give it away, especially when he sounds a little jaded and burned out; he ran a really good fan site. I used to hang out in their forum but left about 7 years ago because there were some unpleasant people who were not tolerant or respectful of different views or values. It's a much nicer crowd here
  5. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Shame to see Matt give it away, especially when he sounds a little jaded and burned out; he ran a really good fan site. I used to hang out in their forum but left about 7 years ago because there were some unpleasant people who were not tolerant or respectful of different views or values. It's a much nicer crowd here

Yikes....if this site is your "unpleasant / tolerance / respect" barometer, that site must have been bad lol!