1. Hey guys and gals,

I went to a U2 i+e show years back and prior to the show a couple was doing the backstage tour, and the guy actually proposed to his GF on stage prior to the show. My girlfriend and I are coming up on over 3 years together, have been to 12 shows together, and will be in the red zone at the Tokyo JT2019 shows. Anyone have any insight on how I could pull something like that off? I can't imagine a more appropriate place to propose than that hahaha.

Thank you in advance for any tips or suggestions!
  2. I hope your girlfriend isn't on U2start?

It's just luck if you win the backstage tour...
  3. She is, but not active on the forums at all haha so here's hoping she never see's this lol
  4. I‘ve seen it in Belfast- there you could have booked tickets including the backstage tour. Or are you searching for one for free?
  5. Good luck to you both. Lovely plan & I hope it works out for you.
  6. The first question I'd have is if this is something that she'd want, or if it's something you want. You've probably been waiting for this since shortly after you met her (don't know your whole story). She's been waiting for this proposal for her entire life. Again, don't know your story, and I'm incredibly old school!

As far as proposals go, I think this guy has set the bar pretty high.
  7. Propose while the band are on stage playing With Or Without You.Get it filmed,you in the foreground with the band behind.Whatever you decide,the best of luck
  8. I do tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. Look, jxbeutl, I am so sorry; I am reading it now, and I am hearing how it all probably sounds in everyone's head.
  9. FYI, I know her well enough to say she would want this more than anything in the world, this isn't a "for me" thing, this is definitely a "for her" thing hahaha. With or without you proposal idea is a good one too should I be unsuccessful in my venture otherwise haha
  10. So now that the Tokyo shows are done..............